Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poll: For or against losing 2 days of posts for 1 post? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44959-poll-against-losing-2-days-posts-1-post.html)

cigarette1 03-10-2003 06:57 PM

Hey wait a minute ..... WAS Leopajamas name on Part 2 as the STARTER?????

I don't think it was ???????

:eureka:

Steve 1 03-10-2003 06:59 PM

Cigarette it was !!

cigarette1 03-10-2003 07:01 PM

Ok, I guess so .... I remembered some confusion a while back.

Thanks

G-Force 03-10-2003 07:08 PM

Originally posted by Steve 1
G-Force give me the name of a thread that has been in constantly on the board for the past 8 months NOT 2 DAYS that was deleted out of spite ……….
I am waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just don't see it do you?
Does it matter how long a thread is up? I don't think so.
Does it matter how many posts are up on a thread? I don't think so.
Does it matter why it was deleted? I don't think so.

The thread wasn't yours, or anyone else's to keep. YOU didn't originate it. Did you contribute - certainly. Does that make it yours? NO.
Now, that fact having been blatently stated, I will not even comment on your hippie, free love, feel good writings...good Christ someone get me a frikkin' tissue:
but it really evolved into something its own entity and a thing of real beauty and became addicting I Really looked foreword every day to it.
(sniff, sniff)

Having pointed out that the thread wasn't yours to decide what to do with, let's move on to the other issue:

OSO members took the time and effort to either start their own threads, or contribute to posts that are now gone. What makes you for one second think that thread you are you hyped about means a frikkin' thing to them? Because it was long? Because it was viewed a lot? Because it's been around a while?
WRONG. It doens't mean squat.
That thread isn't any more important than the one right under it (whatever that thread may be on any given day). It's not the unsaved writings of Shakespeare....although to hear you pontificate you'd think the secrets of the world were revealed somewhere in that thread.
So to minimize the importance of what everyone else contributed to the OSO boards for 2 days vs. the holy grail of Apache info is bullsh!t.
How many members actually contributed to that Apache thread?
How many members had posts/threads that disappeared? I'm betting a lot more people than are involved in the Apache thread.

OffshoreOnly 03-10-2003 07:09 PM

We see how you can "beat the system" relating to the poll. We will fix the problem. As far as the rest of what is being said here, I am amazed.

There were 21 votes for Yes and 62 votes for No. 6 for No Opinion.

G-Force 03-10-2003 07:14 PM

Originally posted by OffshoreOnly
As far as the rest of what is being said here, I am amazed.
There were 21 votes for Yes and 62 votes for No. 6 for No Opinion.

Amazed that 21 people actually think that thread is more important than anyone eles's posts?;)

And thanks for fixing the poll....sad to see that Apache fans have to cheat in order to win. Not all of you...but those that did cheat know they are losers.

Payton 03-10-2003 07:14 PM

Why do you thing the vote is being manipulated?

I got home from work, had dinner, checked OSO and voted yes.
I wouldn't want to lose a bit if the info that was on that thread! Most of the treads that were lost were started in the last week at most. If it's that important to you, start a thread with the same topic. Most people can remeber back a week.

OffshoreOnly 03-10-2003 07:25 PM

We contacted Leopajm after all the concerns about the thread missing to see if it was a mistake or a technical problem since the thread was so big (possible the system rejecting it). There was more than just Apache history in that thread. We never heard back from him so we decided to bring it back. For those of you that are mad, we apologize for our mistake as seen through your eyes. With this many people you will never make everyone happy.

Steve 1 03-10-2003 07:27 PM

G-Force I am not a ****ing hippy about the furthest thing from it you could ever imagine also I work in the back of the shop we do not get judged in any personality contests there only Merit...

As for the Apache thread I did not delete it!!!!!! Was I upset YES...Am I glad it is back HELL YES!!

And in your rant I still got no answer!!! To what other thread was spitefully deleted after 8 months of constantly being on the board and almost 130,000 Views?? And I await that revelation.

Yes the thread it is a personal thing with me!! As for the other threads I gave two examples of tripe no other.

Audiofn 03-10-2003 07:28 PM

I Voted no but I am really torn. I could not take the time to fallow the Apache thread as it grew so fast. I did scan it every now and again to look at the pictures and there was definatly some good stuff. HOWEVER equaly good was a bunch of other threads that took a hit. Ones that also interested me quite a bit like the 500 buck steering thread and a lot of For sale stuff is now gone. Is one more valuable then the other? I do not think so but hey that is just me. :D:D OSO made a decision and we all will have to live with it. In a couple weeks we will all forget that this ever happened and move on. :D:D

Jon