Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Poll: For or against losing 2 days of posts for 1 post? >

Poll: For or against losing 2 days of posts for 1 post?

Notices
View Poll Results: Is saving 1 post worth 2 days of posting?
Yes
44.17%
No
51.94%
I don't have an opinion because I'm spineless
3.88%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: For or against losing 2 days of posts for 1 post?

Old 03-10-2003, 07:41 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your right Jon.

We just need spring to hurry up and get here.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old, there is no way to tell who manipulated the poll as the votes show up as "Guest" when you have to be registered to vote. There is a way around this that we found.

As for the other issues let's all play nice. There is very little traffic on the weekends and even though every thread and post is important to the participator, we did take the non-peak time in to consideration.

We do not have our settings set like most boards do so that thread starters can't delete their own threads. We have had many occassions where people started a thread while in a bad mood or under the influence and were glad thay had the ability to delete it before too many eyes saw it or waiting for the help of a moderator or admin.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Payton
Why do you thing the vote is being manipulated?
Read what OSO said...[B]There were 21 votes for Yes and 62 votes for No. 6 for No Opinion.[B]
People were manipulating the poll - people who didn't want to see the fact that by a 3:1 margin your fellow OSO brethern were of the opinion that maybe what THEY had to say elsewhere was more important to THEM than a single thread revolving around a very small minority of OSo members.

Steve: [B]As for the Apache thread I did not delete it!!!!!![B]
I don't think anyone said or implied you did delete it.
[B]To what other thread was spitefully deleted after 8 months of constantly being on the board and almost 130,000 Views??[B]
The answer, to the best of my knowledge is none.

What does either your question or my answer have to do with anything I said in my "rant"?
My points are still 100% valid and there is a 3:1 ratio of OSO members who disagree with your viewpoint (and I'm not saying the agree with everything I'm saying). That being the case, an overwhelming majority of OSO members don't particularly agree with you that the Apache post is worth 2 days of everyone eles's efforts.
Take that for what you may - the members have voted.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fred I gave two examples of threads (liberal) I feel are/were worthless no other!! As those were the only ones I was posting on across on the weekend. And there were four or five of them!!

Anyone else who lost a thread (aside from the Commies) I am sorry I know how it feels!

Now show me one time where I have been disrespectful to a member who has asked me a boat related question .I have always prided myself on trying to be helpful that’s what this brotherhood is all about here. Right!
Old 03-10-2003, 08:00 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

G-Force, you are right I see it was maniupulated. I was reading the page and then posting while OSO anounced this. There is only 5 min between our posts. I guess I'm a slow reader.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Registered

Life goes on................
Old 03-10-2003, 08:56 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Opinions are like a$$holes and I got one so take a gander at this redeye:

OSO is not a democracy. It's a BoardGodocracy. #2 made a call. He thought it in the best interest of the site. The past two days posts should still be fresh in your minds and could easily be replicated. Can the same be said for a thread that was built over 8 months by several hundred people? I firmly believe that you lose the right to delete such an epic thread when it grows to the magnitude of the Apache thread. So, in response to your next question, what defines epic and when does a thread reach such a status, there can be no hard and fast rule. Dare I say it should be like the law and built on a case by case basis (Insert favorite lawyer joke here and then get over yourself). We mere mortal post whores and lurkers do not have the benefit of hearing the whinning of folks who get drunk or angry or petty and post a regrettable statement then call BG#2 and beg him to delete the thread. To avoid this, the Gods have given us mortals the power to correct mistakes. Was the Apache thread a mistake? I think not. So, if the true intention of the delete option afforded all of us is to correct, destroy, and/or remove erroneous, slanderous, and/or regrettable posts, then was the use of the delete feature on the Apache thread appropriate? This phkn guy votes NO to the right to delete the thread and YES to BG's responsible decision to resurect the thread at the cost of two days worth of pedestrian posts. We'll just have to restart those can't miss "OT: AMC Gremlin or Ford Pinto Pole" posts once again. OK, kevlar helmet is now in place, commence bashing.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 03-10-2003, 08:59 PM
Registered

Old 03-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spoken like a true Phknlwyr. AMEN bro!!!
Old 03-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Phknlwyr Nicely said !!

Sobak Cool bro!!

Quick Reply: Poll: For or against losing 2 days of posts for 1 post?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.