Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Champlain NY/VT Gathering & Run August 2nd, 2003 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44960-lake-champlain-ny-vt-gathering-run-august-2nd-2003-a.html)

Audiofn 03-11-2003 04:00 PM

GLH can a 24 foot Baja survive up there?

Jon

GLH 03-11-2003 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My 22 Foot Baja did for 3 summers. I did have to go from a 14v to an 18v DeWalt cordless drill although!

GLH 03-11-2003 05:23 PM

Originally posted by Audiofn
GLH can a 24 foot Baja survive up there?

Jon

You thinking of upgrading your rig???:D

MODVPSST 03-11-2003 05:37 PM

Originally posted by Shane
GLH,

I have a 24 Skater. Would it be to small for the BIG lake?

Come on Shane... remember, you can run with any V up to 32" in any water.....

checkmate981 03-11-2003 08:11 PM

Glh,
We went from Crown point to Burton Island last year.Looking forward to the run (If I can keep up).It can get rough when the wind kicks up from the south
Dave:eek:

otis311 03-12-2003 08:19 AM

T2X,

I spent a few fall weekends drinking and fishing on that pond. We used to get about 10-12 guys from our firehouse up there fpr a good weekend of fun. Must have bee 15 years since we last went up there. If i recall righ the bassand pike fishing was great !

Bob

otis311 03-12-2003 08:30 AM

Shane,

Does that Lake get that much rougher than LG ??

Of course you can make the run with me, if thats what you wish to do.

My truck needed some tlc and I just didnt have the time to bring it over to Corinth to get the work done. With my work schedule and having to go to NYC for a friends funeral it was easier to have it towed and then rent a car.

The Baja made it home safe. What a waste bringing it down to Florida tis year. I put 3 or 4 hours on it and never got her on plane once !! Who new that I would be buying a new boat right down in Florida. The Cig will be coming home sometime in April. No rush as we speak seeing that our pond is just one big ice cube. Yvette ad I bought a house in St Petes Beach and we are waiting on a closing date, so I will tie the to trips into one.

The only thing I need to get done on her when she gets home is the new stereo system. Then it is ready to run !!

stay in touch

Bob

Shane 03-12-2003 10:13 AM

Originally posted by MODVPSST
Come on Shane... remember, you can run with any V up to 32" in any water.....
Modvpsst,

I am glad you are NOT my accountant, yo don't know the difference between 32 feet and 32 inches...I would HATE to see what you do to people's tax returns!:p

Good taling to you earlier today buddy. Hope to see you soon.:)

Shane 03-12-2003 10:15 AM

Otis311,

Sounds great! Congrats on the new purchase. Let me know when you are bringing it up and if you need help with anything.

Shane

P.S. Sorry to hear about your friend

GLH 03-12-2003 11:19 AM

Originally posted by Shane
Modvpsst,

I am glad you are NOT my accountant, yo don't know the difference between 32 feet and 32 inches...I would HATE to see what you do to people's tax returns!

I saw that too 32 Inches:confused: I tought it was an inside joke or water depth!!!:rolleyes: