Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Champlain NY/VT Gathering & Run August 2nd, 2003 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44960-lake-champlain-ny-vt-gathering-run-august-2nd-2003-a.html)

Kanookstr 03-19-2003 03:24 PM

Welcome aboard JS232, I think we ran into eachother once or twice last summer. I'm docked directly across from you three weeks out of the summer at cottage near Campbells Bay camp-grouds VT. Small world huh?:D:D Last season I had the all red 230SX Stingray. "Kinky Kanook IV"
I let you know the dates were up this year. This run That GLH is having is Our middle weekend.

JS232 03-20-2003 07:50 AM

Kanookstr : I know you!!!!! You were waiting for me just across the Swanton bridge!

Read this guys :

Kanookstr as played a little with me on a hot summer day. He was waiting for me (Im pretty shure). So, as soon as I got on plane, my new friend followed me. And let me tell you something, a Stingray 230 SX with a 502 mag. gets on plane like a jet-ski!. So the guy rides for about a minute beside me. I told my wife: «That guy is playing with me, I know those boats, and for shure, it's faster then mine». I was running at full trottle (correct me Kanookstr if am wrong but I was running 63-64 speedo). I know you know! You were running beside me just to see my max MPH!

So, the guy gets tired and then BANG! He disapears like a rocket.
Now, tell me something : Was it a stock 502 or you had a little extra ponys under hatch ?

My only consolation was (we are all like that anyway) : It would have been different if we were running in 3-4 f. shops! Correct me again if am wrong... That's the reason why I went with the Baja (23 deg deadrise)

Well, am glad you made it and happy to see you here. Summer is gonna provide lots of fun this year. I am going to Montreal boat show on saturday. There, I will talk with US immigration officers. I hope that the I-68 program wont blow up cause of the war. Last year, we had to fight to have access to I-68 forms because of September 11th. Here, in Montreal, you can give them a lot of **** if you are not happy with what they are telling you. Very, very diffrent as when you are a stranger accross the border, then the speach is a little different : Yes SIR! No SIR! Everything you want SIR! I am sorry SIR! Wanna beer SIR?! ;-) ;-) Hoppe an immigration officer reads this, he would laught a lot! ;-) Anyway, I met two good immigration fellows last summer neer Île Lamotte. They were more interested in my boat then what I could bring in the US. Two good guys.

What is your new boat???

And GLH : WERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN SOLDIER!!!???? ;-)

See ya!

JS232

Kanookstr 03-20-2003 09:21 AM

:p :p :p So that was you... Of corse I was waiting...lol Stock she did 72-74 MPH GPS with the 502, But that day I Hit 85 GPS...:eek:
The best to date was 88.9. with a 31.5" prop. you are correct about the chop, 2 footers arn't bad, but those 3-4 footer's can hurt:D
Looks like a good time this summer. Because of this forum, I have at least 5 new friends to hook up with, Not including all the ones coming up for the August GLH run...:p see you soon.
Claude

Kanookstr 03-20-2003 02:23 PM

Oops forgot your last question. Don't look for the 230sx this year. I picked up a new 288 Sunsation a few weeks after seeing you last August. The one pictured under my name.
She isn't as fast as the 230 sx, about 65-67, but I swaped engines over the winter:D:D now the Sunsation has the 650 HP engine.
now go out and melt that ice...:D

GLH 03-24-2003 09:42 AM

Back from Golfing with work associates around Orlando. I might be off my game for a little I have to sobber up. I did win some $$$ tough!
I'm still wondering why the CFO of our company was wondering how we can run a $220 bar bill in 2hrs???
Best quote was from one of my bosses "We walked in there everyone looked drunk then G.L. got us to where everyone looked normal in 30 minutes".:D:D:D

Kanookstr let me know when and where I'll be there. My cell is 802-734-8284.

JS is the boat show still on this upcoming weekend???
G.L.

JS232 03-24-2003 12:12 PM

Hi GL,

I think the Boat show is ending today. I went on saturday and there was a lot of people.

I looked for an alf an hour to find US immigration officers...

Guess what ? The were not there. I asked the guy who was supposed to be their neighbour at the show and he told me :

Nada... Nerver seen them since thursday...

So... you are working realy hard ? «Golfing with customers...» That's a boring job is'nt? If you got another one like that for me : Let me know !

JS232 03-24-2003 12:35 PM

Kanookstr :

If I was you, I woud'nt put the 650 HP engine in the Sunsation...

Imagine how the Stringray is going to miss is 650 baby...

I got another suggestion : Let's make a swap... You have my 454 MPI and I have your 650 HP... Let's considere it as a good will donation...
That way, the Sunsation will breath easier ;-) ;-) And you will save a lot of $$$$$ in fuel !!! Think about it... At the beach you'l look at me saying to your friend : «Look that strange man! He changed is 454 for my 650 ! I'l let you couple of days to accept my offer... ;-) ;-) ;-)

GLH 03-24-2003 01:58 PM

Originally posted by JS232
I looked for an alf an hour to find US immigration officers...

I have a buddy that always gets an I-68 for him and his family I will ask him about it. By the time the summer comes and boating season starts things will probably be less on edge.

Kanookstr 03-24-2003 03:59 PM

JS232, I thought about it and It's a deal. But you can use your engine. I'll just send you the parts you need to make 650HP.
I got it all packed up and ready to go. I will give them to you, but I just need a check for $5500.00 US, Shipping and handling you know...:D:D:D
I'm Not to woried about the gas, If I was, I would of bought a blow boat:):) and besides, My cruising milage is better with the Procharger.
Now at WOT....thats a different story:D:D

GLH, I have your number, and will let you know when we are up;)

GLH 03-26-2003 10:22 AM

Hey JS you have to breakdown and become a member you would not believe the stuff your missing not seeing the pictures and other features