Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Taxation without Representation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44961-taxation-without-representation.html)

Rippem 03-10-2003 01:38 PM

Stay tuned bajadave.......... ;)

florida gator 03-10-2003 01:47 PM

Careful what you say. I started a thread this morning expressing my displeasure and I cann't seem to find it. (POOF)

wannabe 03-10-2003 02:04 PM

No Good Answer

Lose the thread and see how much complaining there would have been.

OSO made a decision, sour grapes do no good here.

I undestand your frustration, but c'est la vie,,,

or whatever

Rippem 03-10-2003 08:06 PM

O.K. I give up on the *****en, but I raised some valid points and called a spade a spade, which as it turns out....is a spade! :rolleyes: Hopefully safeguards are in place to prevent this from happening again! The real poll numbers tell it like it is. :D

bucky 03-10-2003 08:36 PM

It really does not matter to me one way or the other, but once money changes hands we become customers instead of freeloaders. That changes the perspective, doesn't it? The Apache thread still waits to be viewed on this PC but maybe I'll read it now after all. It must be worth something beyond the title or OSO would not have gone to these lengths to save it. Politics are at work here my friends. ( is at work here?) Just my .02

gmhdfan 03-10-2003 09:52 PM

Rippem, No disrespect to you or Velocity. Steve makes a GREAT boat and believes in his hull design. (Not bowing to the marketing of a steped hull) But during the hayday of Apache boats didn't Regal make the Velocity:rolleyes: :rolleyes: . I guess you had to be there to understand:) :cool: Honestly how many newbes even knew what an Apache was? It's part of powerboat history. Bobby was and IS Apache. Ben just took it to a different level. And yes when the history books are written Steve Stepp will also have a chapter. Peace:) :cool:

Rippem 03-10-2003 10:01 PM

Uhh ...always Steve's design modeled after the Allison's of the 70's. I am aware of Apaches place in history and have been following the "big boats" for 20 plus years...since well before I could afford to have any one of my own. Peace to you...:) :cool:

gmhdfan 03-10-2003 10:09 PM

So true.:) :cool: And all this before Reggie invented the Vee bottom.:D :D :cool:

Rippem 03-10-2003 10:35 PM

Easy..I'm beginning to like the direction this thread is headed in...:p Where's FeverMike to call my boat a "potato chip" :eek:

SPWilson 03-10-2003 11:04 PM

gmhdfan - Steve Stepp sold out or licensed his design to Regal in "1984-85", just when Apache was making a name. Just before the Velocity sell out, "Still Crazy" stuffed and killed their crew...i remember that so clearly.