Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who is racing Super Cat in 2003?????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/44993-who-racing-super-cat-2003-a.html)

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-10-2003 03:45 PM

Who is racing Super Cat in 2003??????

Lets here it guys, who is racing Super Cat in 2003???????

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-10-2003 10:23 PM

Any new teams for 2003????

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-11-2003 12:58 PM

ttt

tachyon 03-11-2003 02:54 PM

Tomcat has a new Skater 40 being rigged by Jerry Gilbreath who will also throttle for Tom. Gilbreath is one of the best setup guys around and who is said to have made mods to the hull....mercury power (for now....). Sould be very competitive. TA maybe a rookie driver but no stranger to big fast cats...

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-11-2003 03:02 PM

Will they be ready for Daytona??? Glad to see Jerry back in the seat. Looking to me like they will be top contenders in the class.

tachyon 03-11-2003 03:05 PM

They are supposed to be at Daytona.

mr_velocity 03-11-2003 03:19 PM

Originally posted by tachyon
Tomcat has a new Skater 40 being rigged by Jerry Gilbreath who will also throttle for Tom. Gilbreath is one of the best setup guys around and who is said to have made mods to the hull....mercury power (for now....). Sould be very competitive. TA maybe a rookie driver but no stranger to big fast cats...
Jerry is the best! This is the team to beat this year and is my bet for the National Champions. Tom will be sitting in a seat next to the best teacher in the world. I'm sure they will be spending countless hours in the boat together before the first green flag drops. Way to go Tom!!!!

Just Browsing 03-11-2003 03:55 PM

Hmmm . . . ?

SUPER CAT SERIES
I. SUPER CAT
C. HOMOLOGATION OF MOLDS, HULLS AND DECKS –

3. Criteria – In order to be homologated for competition in Super Cat, a model of boat must meet the following criteria and all such information must be submitted to CRE in the application for homologation as a pre-requisite for consideration. Failure to submit the required information or any other information requested by CRE will result in the denial of an application for homologation.

b. Custom Hulls and Decks - One of a kind hulls and decks, custom fabricated, are not allowed.

c. Construction, Changes, Modifications

ii. Hull Bottoms - The approved hull bottoms must be identical to those produced from a manufacturer’s production line mold with no changes allowed unless approved in writing by CRE. Subject to the requirements set forth below, an owner or manufacturer may upgrade the bottom of a pre-existing boat bottom design to new factory standards that have been approved through the homologation process. These upgrades must be precise so as to allow the updated hull to fit into the new factory molds. No backdating is allowed without the written permission of CRE. All such change requests must be submitted in writing at least 60 days prior to competition with the precise measurements to CRE.

tachyon 03-11-2003 04:10 PM

If the mods need to be homologated I am sure they are - all parties involved are of high integrity. Certainly, if I know about them then they aren't "top secret". Aside, certain work can be done within the rules i.e. blueprinting bottom, choice of intakes, etc.

Ran across an over-zealous security guard at Laguardia today as well....;)

Just Browsing 03-11-2003 04:39 PM

Ran across an over-zealous security guard at Laguardia today as well....;)
Hilarious.