Thunder or BLUNDER Struck?? >

Thunder or BLUNDER Struck??

Notices

Thunder or BLUNDER Struck??

Old 03-12-2003, 06:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

WATERSPEED, I sent you an email (PM). We all would like to read that article you supposedly wrote, please educate us. My (PM) also challenges you, in real water, c'mon, what you got to loose, after all you state you're an experienced racer, do you even have a boat.

I don't think we will be hearing from him, it's easier to hide behind that big bad screen, wishing I was a person with a real boat.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jass....the boat does look GREAT....one of the COOLEST paint jobs out there!!!
Old 03-12-2003, 08:10 AM
Registered

This is a fun thread to read that's all I've got to say...

Nice boat Jeff. By the way, Marcus (aka Waterspeed) is a good guy and has owned several Outerlimits in addition to racing one in F2. He knows his stuff and has the $$$ to buy what he likes. You guys should actually talk some day. Who knows, maybe you'd actually discover that he is president (?) of a mortgage brokerage firm that writes mortgages in all 50 states and you build high-end homes. Who knows maybe you 2 could actually establish a mutually beneficial relationship...or you guys can disagree about boats!

Marcus, glad to see that you're still able to stir stuff up!
Old 03-12-2003, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff,

I see the boat is for sale in the Classifieds...you buyin a new one already?

Sean
Old 03-12-2003, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jassman...Read your email...
Sorry for the delay in responding. I was out getting a loan for my 1980 18' Bayliner.

I take your comments to be immature and condescending...I have not attacked you or your boat (yet). I merely gave my opinion of the article and some of my personal experiences. I have not proclaimed myself as an "expert". As for your comments about affording a boat, nice maturity level.. If you would like to call me directly, I'll email my phone #...

If you read my earlier post, I was coming from a safety at high speed approach, especially with the speeds and sheer number of boats at poker runs...Simply put, a boat that is chine walking is not safe..no matter what the circumstances. It can be a recipe for disaster.
If the article does not fairly and accuratley represent your boat...why have Powerboat do a test with it...In fact, you admit that it wasn't dailed in yet...I'm sure that in rough water it runs fine, but it sure sounds a little different in the calm stuff.

I believe that the history of the bottom design was for much larger boats, not for high speeds in flat water. Again, no expert design advice from me, just what I have heard.

For the record Jassman, I don't have any personal issue with your boat, but your immature, baseless and classless attack on me personally that's another issue. We'll deal with that off the board...
Old 03-12-2003, 08:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Miller,

Thanks for the very kind words...Give me a call
Old 03-12-2003, 09:03 AM
Hustler 26

Question

How come some people have the April issue now and some don't.

Old 03-12-2003, 09:56 AM
Registered

Wait a minute - this is all real enjoyable, but I thought the boat (supposedly) porpoised at speeds over 80. Now Waterspeed's last comment implies that AT's 37 AVH chine walks dangerously at high (poker run) speed.

Which is it, a chine walker or a porpoise? Or both? Or neither? Maybe it chine walks due to excessive pressure from the non-functioning Teague switchables? And maybe it porpoises because the custom paint is too heavy on the bow?

I'm so confused. Entertained, but confused. And all you 37 AVH owners that are unhappy with your boats, you can send them to my attention - I'll take care of them for you Troutly, will help me out with this dangerous mission?
Old 03-12-2003, 10:00 AM
Coddigtion

I have my bucket of popcorn out for this one...

Old 03-12-2003, 10:13 AM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

well just read the article in pb mag it says a lot. i even considered taking a AT owner up on a ride but there is to much negitive here to consider AT as an opption, i have been in the market for a 37 powerboat as some of you know, and i have been favoring outerlimits and i just made my mind up thanks for the offer AT but not for me and sounds like also for many others. but its only a oppinion not bashing! bob teage has a say in oppions he tested the boat and seems TO BE A STRAIGHT UP GUY AND HAS TESTED AND DRIVEN MORE BOATS THEN MOST MEMBERS ON THIS BOARD. it just did not perform that good. if he said it was beter then all the competition, people would fire off on that so its a no win oppinion. so get some more pop corn and lets see how this show turns out. LETS ALL KEEP ON OUR FACE.

Quick Reply: Thunder or BLUNDER Struck??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.