Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thunder or BLUNDER Struck?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/45089-thunder-blunder-struck.html)

Jassman 03-12-2003 03:12 PM

To anwser some of the unanswered Questions, the boat has been for sale for about 1 month. I keep all my boats approx 1-2 years. I have a late model 2000 Cigerette Top Gun, which I still own a portion of till paid off, my best friend owns it, and 42ss Sonic. I miss the headroom of the Sonic. I have three children and we entertain quite frequent. The A.T. is the nicest riding and quality boat I've owned, it meets my criteria, except for headroom. Some of you also might know that I am working on a dealer type situation, as a silent partner only, for A.T. and another brand.

After listening to a few of guys from private emails, explaining that Marcus (WATERSPEED) is an ok guy, I calmed down and reread some of the posts, I took it too personal and let some of the popcorn posters :p :D get to me. The opening line and post I still feel was unproffessional but I also was embarrassed on the way I handled it, I elected to give Marcus a call anyways and straighten out our difference. :D

SPWilson 03-12-2003 03:46 PM

very bold:D

bojoe2 03-12-2003 04:38 PM

ok ask don johnson he hhas 8 billion! tttt maybe he want one!

Miller 03-12-2003 04:57 PM

Now, who is paying for the first round of Corona's, Jeff or Marcus? :D

thunderdan 03-12-2003 05:46 PM

Nice move Jassman...

SPWilson 03-12-2003 05:54 PM

still wanna see WaterSpeed and Jassman race though!:D

chuckbeecher 03-12-2003 06:49 PM

Too Old...you're right and now that I have read the article it's not that bad an article...Now for the personel changes..WHY???..SPW knew his stuff and been in the business in some form longer than the owner..Boscoe , a great guy and been around and knowledgeable..both would at least attempt to return phone calls...There just seems to be alot of excuses down there(like Audacity said) and a time schedule is not in the companies dictionary. I am still amazed that there is not a test bed boat to experiment with or to give to Lake-X so that all the R&D does not fall all on the boat owner..I love the boats..high speeds aren't the challenge, it's having to deal with and deal with..over and over..

just an ex-owner...always a possible new buyer!

ActiveThunder 03-12-2003 06:52 PM

Joey, hey, how've you been? When you have time could you do me a favor? Call Don Smith, (Smith Boats) whom you know well. Ask him what preperations were made to get the A/T to the P/B test and if he did, in fact, personally 'hang' it out the with me a few days before the test at, say, a solid 96+ in 2's with those 4 bladers. Make sure you ask about the old 'porpoise' problem, too. Heck, he's a boat builder and a kilo record holder and almost as crazy as I am on the water. I bet he noticed everything about the boat. I appreciate the chance for you to talk with him and let me know what he said. Thanks, Patrick

Reckless32 03-12-2003 07:11 PM

As with ANY profile on a boat in ANY magazine, it's the subtle comments that give a hint of a test driver's true feelings on a boat. The overt comments stating the niceties are obligatory in nature and provides the impetus for advertisement. Not saying the AT isn't a great boat, but the comments suggesting the PERFECT boat for EVERYONE's tastes and environment is a bit silly. Let's not forget that after all, they're made of fiberglass and wood and operate in a brutal environment. Each and EVERY boat will have it's flaws. The bottom line will ALWAYS be are you getting your money's worth unless it's not a problem to you....

Be loyal to your brand as long as they're loyal to you....

DJD 03-12-2003 08:20 PM

Originally posted by SPWilson
still wanna see WaterSpeed and Jassman race though!:D
Well I know if Marcus is on the trottles, I'll be behind the wheel.
Lets not forget, it is very easy to go fast in a straight line.
It's another when you have to make turns.

"Wild Child" will be back! Perhaps a SV Lite? Ya never know:drool:

Can't ya feel the love in this room??? Glad to hear everyone is getting along!!!