Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Help buying a house at the LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/45099-help-buying-house-loto.html)

BigDaddy96 03-13-2003 08:38 AM

Originally posted by jawbreakerkid
Lotoparty- Stone Ledge is located at the 20.5MM. maintenance fees run approx $1.32/sq.ft./yr. my new place is approx. 1,600sq.ft., so it is $176.00/mo.

Click Here to check it out....

jbk

Nice place JBK. We are at the Palisades (14mm).
See you guys when it warms up!

Rob

OBNOXUS21 03-13-2003 01:18 PM

Yeah I always just kept my boat there. Matt is also a great guy. They ddon't f*ck around. They get the job done and done right the first time. I have my boat closer to me this winter, but my first winter I kept it stored there because they were WAY cheaper than everywhere else I called. And I haven't left yet. I don't usually get down until after they are closed, but my boat is always floating. Once they forgot during the Shoot-out, but came back from Shooter (a littler tipsy ;) ) and got the trailer and launched me :) Good service there !!!
s
Yea.......talk about the hardware they bring in !!! A 5000 Nor-tech, about 10 or so different Black Thunders, Cigs, Apaches, they all know where to go.

Later I'll keep a look out for you this sum.

Pantera1 07-18-2003 04:43 PM

Lookin at Lotto

The more I see of lotto the more I like it .. Never been there.. The Lake I grew up on in NH , winnipesaukee is beatiful but ..Ill never afford to live comfortably on the water .. The houses start at 750,000 and up .. Looks like you can get on lotto for alot less, and man that lake looks huge .. I have a ton of questions so ..here goes a couple
Where does everyone work /nearest big city .. Im a master plumber and work primarily in the commercial end of it ie: manufacturing /industrial facilities..
What are the water conditions like clear ? clean ? sandy bottom party areas ? Assuming it does ..how long does it freeze over and what are the winters like ..Can you snomobile on it ??
Thanks for the time ...

Von Bongo 07-18-2003 04:53 PM

I will tell you what I can. The lake is not clear like say the ocean, you can see down about 8-10 feet in the summer, but the water temp will approach 90 in the summer so it is not real clear. parts of lake will freeze some years and not others, I doubt you would snowmobile on it unless it was a very harsh winter and one of the coves got frozen pretty good. The largest cities close by are Jefferson City about 45 miles, then Columbia which is about 90 or so. There is a ton of residential construction here but also a lot of people that think/thought they were going to make it big because of that.

Tons of second home owners as we are about 2 1/2 hours from KC and about 2 from St. Louis.

Party area? Party cove is the place, there are a number of quieter coves that people will park in and tons of food and beverege establishments on the lake. Boating is all year for the hard cores (ie Bass guys) but it starts to get nice in early April and most winterize by Nov 1. I have seen people on the lake though every month I have lived here since last september.

Pantera1 07-18-2003 04:57 PM

Wow

90's pretty warm winni never gets over 75-80 max in shallows..
Freezes , most years youll see logging trucks working on the islands .. Damn !!! houses with docks in the 100K's .. Youde never see that here !!

Von Bongo 07-18-2003 05:19 PM

you can get a shack with a crappy dock for $100. If you want anything decent you will be close to $200 and if you want what most people would consider a home for a 4 person family you will be pushing $300 and up. Lake frontage is about $300 a foot for the mountain goat stuff and just goes up from there. You can live off the lake with lake view real reasonable, much like you would expect to pay in for average housing. Get away from the lake a bit and there are great deals.

We have an off water home in the 4 seasons area that we are listing for $177K, 8 years old, 2500 sq ft, 2 car attached, yadda yadda..so you can see it isn't bad except water front

Condo's are much more reasonable.

Pantera1 07-18-2003 05:43 PM

Moving

I have the urge to move all of a sudden... Around here anything with a dock starts around 700K average is 7 figures.. Taxes on avarage are 20 per thousand on assesed value.. Its getting rediculous ..these are mostly summer places ...Then again we have these .. This one is 20000 + sq. ft.