Notices

Ot: Nissan 300ZX's??

Old 03-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Have your Dad call the insurance agent and get a sheet of rates faxed back to you on each of your potential choices. The agent will understand that the premiums will affect your buying decision, and should have no problem doing that for you if your dad has been a customer for a while.

Honestly, you may find good rates on one of your favorites. Hopefully, your Dad is going to make you pay the insurance, even if he buys the car (it's best for you to pay it to teach you to be responsible - and you will feel the financial wrath when you get a couple of tickets).

300ZX's - replace the timing belt and you'll be fine. Manual cars will go thru clutches if you're abusive to them, but the replacement is easy enough for you to do yourself.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Parents said they will pay for Drivers Ed but I have to pay for car and insurance... People at my school get new Mr2 Spyders and 01 Vettes and parents pay insurance too!!! I will call insurance tomorrow, I called on a Talon Tsi Turbo a while back, got the rate then started wondering about why a lot of them needed new trannys and engines...

Clutches easy to replace? How easy, A performance shop around here told a friend that it takes them 5 hours to install one!!
Old 03-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you considered 3 series BMW's from the same years? Or a Ford Probe? Insurance may not consider them "sports cars" and therefore be a little cheaper. What does a 944 from the earily 90's run? and are they reliable enough? A long time ago insurance on 944's was cheaper than on my RX7. Go figure.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:06 PM
Registered

I would geuss that you are turning 16, don't buy a car that you really like as your first car, it doesn't matter if your the best kid in the whole world, something is going to happen to it either you crash it or one of your freinds will run into it.Go buy a POS learn how to drive and see what your need's are, and in 6-12 months get what you want. When you get your DL and have that new freedom your hobbys might change and you may need a certain car or truck for them.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:10 PM
Registered

Had a 86 barand new...digital and all

absolutely loved it

wish i could find another with low low milage
Old 03-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oh, it'll take you and a buddy longer than 5 hrs to reclutch one - more like a weekend. Point is, you should be capable of handling the job instead of paying to have it done.

First clutch I did was on a CJ5 and it took me a week of evenings cause I took the flywheel off to be resurfaced, had to build up the throwout fork pivot with some weld (to save the $27 that a new post cost) and stuff like that. BUT I did the whole deal the right way and it cost $100 instead of the $300 that the shop quoted...
Old 03-12-2003, 07:20 PM
Registered

Dam mcollinstn, your dating yourself you can't even buy a clutch pack for a CJ for less than $300.00 now.and it would be $750.00 at a shop.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:38 PM
Registered

What about an old early 90's 240SX, high mileage, buy a rebuilt tranny for a few hundred, then drop in a SR20 turbo motor in it? Insurance would be nicer because it is a early 90's and it will handle good, be fast, etc...
Old 03-12-2003, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lapse,

Not only am I old, I'm fat, got bad knees, astigmatism, and usually don't sleep well.

But Clutches are cheaper today than they were then:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2407198939
Old 03-12-2003, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hyper,

You still haven't gotten the rate sheet from the insurance man, have you?

Quick Reply: Ot: Nissan 300ZX's??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.