Notices

Fastest Production Boat

Old 03-06-2003, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Fastest Production Boat

Does anyone know who has the fastest production boat with a full cabin. My 42 Fountain with 1200HP Cobras ran 121 MPH at 5800 RPM on a 120 MPH GPS Speedo. It probably had six to eight MPH left, I am hoping with the proper props and a little tweaking I will be able to get 132 to 135 MPH out of it under the proper conditions. I have heard there is a 38 Outerlimits out there running 130 MPH can anyone confirm this for me.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Registered

I will keep you informed, I just took delivery of it and I can not wait to hit the poker run circuit with it.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:05 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Fountain driver--

There are a couple of 42' Outerlimits running 130mph+

I know of 3 42' Outerlimits that run 125+mph out here on the West Coast.

School's In Session (42' w/ 1200 Sterlings) runs approx. 128mph w/ a full cabin.

Bob Russell's 42' Outerlimits (Rock-it) has run over 140mph w/ 1300's (not too sure of power) and has a full cabin!

Frank Barbarino's 42' "Fire & Ice" runs close to these speeds
Old 03-09-2003, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Guys look at the thread starter,before you reply,none of the boats that you are talking about are production boats,they are all boats that are one of a kind with big exotic power and are built to the customers pocketbook,all nice boats but not plain production boats,if so everyone would have one.So to awnser the question properly,the fastest production boat would have to be a SKATER.With stock power,or production as you want to call it,cat or V bottom since it wasnt determined on the thread starter,it just said fastest production boat,and that means Skater,look at the records they speak for themselves.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:26 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1HYPER1 you took the words right out of my mouth! Plus when you start tweaking you falling outside of mfr's specs as well...
Old 03-10-2003, 08:15 PM
Registered

hyper,

how in this world is a skater any diffrent then an outerlimits. and for that matter a fountain is not a production boat.

let's see 800 grande for a 40 skater or 800 grande for a 42 outerlimits.

th eproblem is the thread was neverspecific enough to even engage.

Treadwell
Old 03-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well let see....I have a Baja that goes 135 mph. The only catch is, I have to be wasted to get her to go that fast. For some reason when I'm sober she has a tendency to slow down by about half. All I can figure is there is a problem with my F.U.B.A.R.(alternative to GPS) Speedo. Oh well.....
Old 03-10-2003, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by 1HYPER1
Guys look at the thread starter,before you reply,none of the boats that you are talking about are production boats,they are all boats that are one of a kind with big exotic power and are built to the customers pocketbook,all nice boats but not plain production boats,if so everyone would have one.So to awnser the question properly,the fastest production boat would have to be a SKATER.With stock power,or production as you want to call it,cat or V bottom since it wasnt determined on the thread starter,it just said fastest production boat,and that means Skater,look at the records they speak for themselves.
1HYPER1,

I guess there is a "fine line" here. All of the boats I mentioned are production boats, they are not race boats, but a production boat from the manufacturer. Yes, they are custom, and they cost an a$$load of dough. They all have a full cabin down below, and exotic power, so for the average Joe, these boats are not realistic. If you even put (2x) 496 Mags in a 42' outerlimits, it would be too expensive for most of us!!
Old 03-10-2003, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
HEY TREADWELL,
If you look at stock production boats with a cabin,the 32 or 36 skater is on top of the game/stock production I dont care how you slice it the skater will be on top for speed.Now lets define production,it should be what comes in the boats that are offered to the general public and are available easily,anyone with deep pockets can put big exotic power in a boat and say that they have the fastest production boat but that isnt really a production boat now is it.Lets say I put a sterling 1250 in my 280 VELOCITY,I would be willing to say that I had a very fast boat but it is no production boat now is it,get my point.Eric I think you know what I am talking about.
Old 03-11-2003, 01:51 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My kind of discussion. One of my buds has a 2001 42 Fountain w/ Staggered 1200 cobras as well. No gas, cold air, wide ass open, 1 person, it gets MAYBE 115-117. Now, threadstarter says 121 with 6-8 mph left!!! With a full cabin???? I'm not calling BS, but I'm close. You must have something else your leaving out.

And yes Fountain IS a production boat. They build hundreds of boats a year, like Formula and Baja. That is the very definition of production boat.

Quick Reply: Fastest Production Boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.