Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who Has The 47 Apache Hull And Deck Molds (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/45138-who-has-47-apache-hull-deck-molds.html)

spitfire1 03-12-2003 12:40 PM

I fail to see how it takes balls to hire someone to kill a guy that you grew up idolizing.......I think the story goes...the truth of the matter is... I believe.... that he knew he could never duplicate or even come close to Don's achievements in the offshore arena, In any case the fact of the matter is the courts found him guilty and those that I have talked to that have personally known Mr. Kramer have had nothing positive to say about him...He didnt get to be where he is by being a stand up guy.......

rainmn 03-12-2003 01:13 PM

Glad to see someone else shares my point of view on this. I'll never understand the respect people show for the guy.

sgrady 03-12-2003 02:10 PM

My .02, Kramer is a part of the history of Offshore. The many that raced against him and knew him in the "Hey Days" of Ft. Apache seen the racer not the "Bad" guy. If you were ever at Ft. Apache in it's day, it was the Offshore Meca. I really do not think anyone shows the respect for his days of a bad guy. He is just part of the story.

I can remeber those days, Offhsore was different back then.

Slinshot, there was a mold for sale here a while ago. Not sure where it is now. I know Bobby, Stinson, Rockstarmkr would be willing to tell you where they are at.

spitfire1 03-12-2003 02:50 PM

Fair enough.......he did have some high spots in his career as an offshore racer.....but it doesnt excuse him for what ultimately brought him down......Lets call a spade a spade and not glorify someone for having Don Aronow murdered......

rockstrmkr 03-12-2003 02:50 PM

Scott -
well said....and let's not forget when Apache sold the most boats:

When Benny's legal trouble landed him in the headlines and his bad-boy "image" sold the boats....

ps- Benny was good to his people...just ask
Augie Z. and the old guard!

Kind regards,
Hans

As far as the 47' mold? I'm sure Shanblatt knows, Stinson must know as well...
An assumption? McManus has the molds...

searace 03-12-2003 02:52 PM

Yes, we have the 47' original Apache molds(hull). there never was a 47 deck mold...all 47's came from the 41' deck mold. And....god i hope answering this doesnt start all that other stuff again... life's too short.

Todd
Hawk Power
www.searace.com

spitfire1 03-12-2003 02:56 PM

Yeah........he was good to his people ........and he had Don Aronow killed.........

rockstrmkr 03-12-2003 03:04 PM

Spitfire1 -
Not looking to open a can of worms here, but Benny pled no contest for a reason...people that know the back ground can fill in the blanks, it's not my place.

In no way am I condoning any of it...but there is a lot more to it than "Searace", the book!

Don't mean to offend, nor will I continue to post on the subject...

All the best,
Hans

spitfire1 03-12-2003 03:12 PM

Yes....there is obviously alot more to it than "Searace".......there are many opinions on the subject.....but facts are facts....I have personally spoken to the lead Detective on the case at one time and he filled in alot of squares for me one nite.....the fact that he plead no contest doesnt exonerate him one iota as far as I am concerned........I am sure he had his reasons.......Did he have Don Aronow murdered...the courts thought so........I guess only Ben knows for sure.......but it sure would have been nice to have Don around for awhile longer........who knows what we were ultimately robbed of.....no offense taken Hans.....Rich

rockstrmkr 03-12-2003 03:14 PM

Oh, and before I forget, Todd is correct. There was never a deck mold made for the 47...the decks were all stretched 41's...
I think that may account for the subtle differences between the individual 47's...
Evidently the most unique deck and fairing are on "Running Brave".

Hans