Notices

Team Of Destiny

Old 03-12-2003, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Of Destiny

Some one asked me to go to a seminar on something called the Team Of Destiny all he would tell me is that I would be interested in what they had to say and that it was a business started in Mich.
Anyboady heard about it or know what it is?
Should I go?
Todd
Old 03-12-2003, 07:31 AM
TulsaLarry

It must be some sort of multilevel marketing, they will not let you into their web site without a password.

http://srd.yahoo.com/S=2766679:WS1/R...ofdestiny.com/

Old 03-12-2003, 09:36 AM
Bayley

Team of Density:

1) Attend Brainwashing seminars where they talk about all the free money you are going to get (yet never once mention what you need to actually do).

2) Pay "subscription fee" anywhere between $50 to $200

3) Buy Amway products online for inflated prices

4) Inflated price profits are divided up passed down the chain of command. You get a refund check for the crap you bought a few weeks back.

For example: You buy a crappy box of the worse tasting Macaroni and cheese for $3.99 One week later you get a check for $0.13 as a refund. Yipee!

The catch to this system, is to get as many people underneath you to buy as much as they can. This way, you will get the bulk of their refund money before it is passed down to them. My mother got all excited about this and I had to do a little research on it for it. It is indeed a legitimate business, just not what I would consider the most ethical. Also, the seminars are a hoot! I don't know what these people are amped up on, but they are seriously convinced they are going to make boat loads of money.

...Just like they did with Amway.

Old 03-12-2003, 02:27 PM
Registered

Thanks guys I did not want to wast my time and I figured it was something like that
Todd
Old 03-12-2003, 04:43 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I went to one of their "meetings" about a year ago. Friend from work got me to go (I trusted him). Can you say pyramid scheme?? It was just short of being a religious event!! They speaker was pretty funny, but basically blowing a LOT of smoke. Supposedly the two guys who started it are now some of the richest men in America. Funny, you don't see their names on any of the "lists" of top money makers.

There have been 3 people I know of at my place of employment fired for talking about it to their teammates on company time. One of them was in upper management (you'd think he'd have known better).

My father always told me to beware the "job opportunity" where you have to spend a bunch of money to get into it, and then not see any money back for an undefined period of time. Amway, Team of Destiny, etc... One guy I work with is on the "team," says he's only working for us until he is debt free......it's been nearly 6 years now and he's still working for less an hour than I am and working all the o.t. he can just to make ends meet. My team leader is also involved in it, and to her credit, NEVER mentions it to any of us (she was at the meeting I was at). And she is in the same BOAT (pun??). Works buku hours to make ends meet. But according to everyone I know on this "team" they are gonna be millionairs soon. O.K.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's funny Waterfoul - I actually fired a guy from Bell Atlantic when I worked there for the same thing. I don't remember if it was Amway or something else...just that he wouldn't stop trying to sell the crap at work.