Notices

Lets talk Snow!

Old 03-06-2003, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Lets talk Snow!

I know, I know there arent alot of fans here but there are a few.
I want to SnowCheck 2 sleds this year and am undesided between which ones to get.
My gf is currently riding an '02 Polaris 600EDGE (my fathers) and I have a '98 MXZ670HO.
I thought we had our minds made up on a 600Edge for her w/ the M10 suspension and a 700 for me. Scanning the websites the SkiDoo REV600 is looking pretty sweet which is now muddying the water. I have very strong contacts for both Polaris and SkiDoo so Im going to stay with one of them. Never having been on a REV before Im looking for some opinions.
As soon as I get this done and the snow is gone I wont bring it up again until the boats are shrink rapped next year
Thanx
Old 03-06-2003, 05:03 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Tantrum.
Kudos on the sleds but I'm sick of winter I just got a bill for temporary gas-heating in apartment buildings we are putting up in NH, $39,000 till mid February no fun here!!!
Old 03-06-2003, 05:04 PM
Registered

I'm going to a Polaris show next week. I snow checked a 600 XC/SP last year and vowed that I'll keep it for a while (we'll see!).

I've talked to a few people about the Rev. From what they've told me, it takes a bit to get used to the riding position, but they both seem to like the sled. Looks tippy to me, but I've never rode one. I do think it looks cool though.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:43 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

If you can, ride the Rev before you buy it. It is different from any sled out there. It sits much like a motorcycle. If you ride bikes, the transition is fairly easy to make. The 600 Rev is a neat trail sled, but so is the 600 Edge. I think the power goes to the Polaris and the handling to the Rev. The skiis on the Rev stink(my 02), but other than that it handles well.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:47 PM
Registered

Tantrum

Good seeing you last week. I rode a REV and didn't really care for it. Go for the XC 700 and the M-10 for Christine. Is Murph buying your sled?
Old 03-10-2003, 07:58 AM
Registered

Looks like some posts were lost here as well.
Rode about 150mls this weekend in southern New Hampshire. Conditions were deteriorating fast, looks like it may have been the last ride unless there is more snow this week. With the beat-up trails there was a good case made for a more upright riding position of the REV.
Anyone have anymore comments. Be nice boating season will be here before you know it ;-)
Old 03-10-2003, 08:01 AM
Registered

Riding is still really good up here! Rode all weekend.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:12 AM
Registered

Hey Shane,
Friday night we rode until about 1am and it was nice. Saturday got up around 45-50 so even though there was snow it was a slushy mess.
I tried to get in touch with Murph because one of my buddies is trading in an '01 Edge 600 w/ electric start and reverse. Thought he might be interested. It would be a good sled to get into and then hand it down to Jessica, the price is attractive too.
I got a call into the SkiDoo dealer where I would buy the new sleds (if I go SkiDoo) to see if we cant get a test ride. The more I think about it the more I like the SkiDoo but its an awful big investment for something youv'e never riden.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:21 AM
Registered

One of the down sides I heard this weekend was that the track on the REV can not be fully studed because the studs were ripping into the gas tank. You can only stud the center of the track. Has anyone heard this?
Info was from a Polaris rider that wasnt 100% sure of the facts and wasnt sure if this was fixed for '04 models.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the studs hit the gas tank,you have a deaf and real stupid rider on board. The studs would need to rip throught the tunnel before they got to the tank. There are a few oddities to studding a REV but the gas tank isn't one of them. I have 144 in the center of my REV and it works just fine thanks. What Doo did was make a tunnel protector kit that attaches along the outside of the tunnel surface,thusly stopping the track from being studded on the edges. By using standard 1 inch protectors and carefully studding the center only,theres no problems. The nice thing is that standard protectors when cut to fit the tunnel leave just enough leftover to do the beaver tail as well. The 04 sleds have no tail and will be easier to stud fully.

Quick Reply: Lets talk Snow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.