OT Help  My kid needs an idea for an invention >

OT Help My kid needs an idea for an invention

Notices

OT Help My kid needs an idea for an invention

Old 03-11-2003, 08:05 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT Help My kid needs an idea for an invention

I don't remember school being this hard at age 11. The assignment is to make a simple machine/invention. I am at a loss for ideas so maybe some of you guys can think of something.

No this is not a joke so please reply only if for real!!!

Thanks,
Dave
Old 03-11-2003, 08:10 PM
stephenwsmith

Default So why an innvention that is a machine?

For Software:

the big idea..

Develop a P2P network of people that actively use the internet, basically the product would allow people on the network to flag SPAM that they receive, and then everyone else who subscribes to the service would have the spam received from that person removed automatically from their email inbox.

You would use the power of a P2P network to fix the spam problem, and possibly make millions of $$.

stephen

Old 03-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Well, try doing an internet search. There used to be a guy in this part who did a whole bunch of nutty inventions. Cool, but nutty stuff. His pen name was "I. M. Nuts". Some of his wacky stuff were some wipers for eye glasses and a doughnut dipping arm.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:36 PM
stephenwsmith

Default Ok.. a simpler idea..

How about a thermostat that would turn on the heat in your house as people moved around in the home...

Old 03-11-2003, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever since I was a kid I always wanted power windows in my house. That was my big invention.
You could have a master switch next your thermostat, so when you turn on the central air, you don't have to run around closing windows. You could have a switch next your bed so you don't have to get your lazy ass up to close the window in the middle of the night. Downpour? Close them all with a touch of a button.
One of my friends tells me this exists, although I've never seen it.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Been There, Done That

My kid had the same project last year.

Here's a different idea (thinking like an 11 year old - and Dad can help):

Make a paper clip dispenser out of a piece of 2 x 4. Put a magnet on one end of a lever (popsicle stick perhaps). The magnet end goes in a tray carved in the block. You push on the other end of the lever and up comes the magnet end with paper clips attached.

Old 03-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make a brush for washing boats down. The handle could be a tube in a tube. The outer tube would hold soap, the inner tube would have the water supply attached to it. Water pressure would dispence soap and make the head rotate. Then have a valve on the end that would shut off the soap and head, then a steam of water would spray out the enf for rinsing.

Good luck
Old 03-12-2003, 01:36 AM
Registered

My nephew had this.
he had a small platform that had a ramp connected to it. At the bottom of the ramp was a round light from a closet that you push to turn on. He got a hardball (baseball) at the top of ramp on platform. Pushed the ball down the ramp and the light came on. Seemed kind of basic but he got an A on it. Good luck.
mike
Old 03-12-2003, 04:23 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Rainmn,
I know they have that available for skylights in your house, I've installed several. The electric motor has a sensor on the Roof that connects the circuit to automatically close the window when a raindrop hits it (using the water to conduct milivolt power). Really a simple system but affective. when we tested them we usually had to spit on them - I'm not climbing off the roof for a glass of water, haha.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have done this one for a couple of kids, who got A's. Repack a teabag with instant coffee, powdered creamer, and sweet'n'low. For that matter, I don't know why some company doesn't do it!

Quick Reply: OT Help My kid needs an idea for an invention

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.