Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Congratulations Jon!
Old 03-12-2003, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Jon,

I can sympathize with you 100%. Most people would make an issue of using the cards in the first place. I have been in the same boat with my business. Large balances with high interest. It seems like a never ending cycle.

I finally went to the bank last year and got a concolidation (sp) loan. Man what a difference that made! Wish I would have done it sooner. My monthly cash flow jumped A LOT. Not to mention the interest I am saving.

Things have made a turn for the better though. We are now getting ready to expand the business with a larger facility. It's tough starting out on your own. My customers and the people that have helped me along the way have made a HUGE difference. I don't take anything for granted that's for sure.

Keep up the good work Jon. You obviously wouldn't have made it this far if you weren't doing the right thing for your customers.

Buck
Old 03-12-2003, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a small jar of dimes, nickles, and quarters that Im pretty proud of..........
Old 03-12-2003, 11:30 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

When I was younger, and in the Air Force, I did a lot of dumb things with credit cards. Several years ago I went to a debt consolidation loan, which really did save me some interest, and forced me into a regimented payment schedule. I paid it off in less than half the term of the loan, and the only thing I pay for on credit now, is business travel to wait for the expense check.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Kick Ass, Jon
Old 03-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I tell ya you guys I have been on a high all day over this. It was getting REALLY discouraging paying a couple hundred each month and NOT getting anywere. Well I learned my lesson about buying things the way I did back then. I am running a much more lean and mean business and hopefully with some luck it will all pay off.

Jon
Old 03-12-2003, 08:45 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cograts Jon,
We have one card for bussiness expences that we earn frequent flyer miles on. Then my wife shops around for the banks with 6-12 month introductory rate that is very low. Thehn transfer any balance we have to carry to that card. You have to be very careful to get rid of the cards as the rate goes up!
Old 03-12-2003, 08:48 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by wwwTOPDJcom
ALL this and the wedding too????
You guys have to go the $36 dollar way you might be able to clear another credit card!!!

Last edited by GLH; 03-12-2003 at 08:53 PM.