Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Older 70's Performance Boats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/45275-older-70s-performance-boats.html)

Payton 03-16-2003 09:49 PM

Hey Fred, she's looking good. When are you going to spash her?

You had some good quotes in Powerboat Mag. I think the guy that wrote that must watch OSO he had 3 members in the article.

Pantera24 03-16-2003 09:50 PM

CLASSIC ... Just CLASSIC......:cool:

There really isn't anything nicer than a nice classic muscle boat.

Angel

ren3 03-16-2003 10:34 PM

Fred, is that Mistress UV protected? She is really pretty! Mine sits in the damn Colorado sun(see cover detail below) and doesn't get wet either , yet! Maxxk9 is finishing my hydraulic steering as we speak. He has been outstanding on communication and updates. Have two sets of Lightning headers. One set for the port 454 is candy apple red, and the second set for the starboard 454 that had an aluminum ceramic coating is getting metallic blue powder coating. My guages are color coded the same to match the engine colors.

Actually Westland covers are really accomodating me and basically making me a custom pacific blue Sunbrella cover for the Cigarette. They normally only go to 30'. Very nice people as are all the people that I have met while involved in this project, especially on OSO.

The interior is stripped, but I found and ordered pacific blue and white exterior carpet for the headliner and walls. It has a very thin but tight weave and thickness. It is not your ordinary marine carpet. Once I receive it, I will be happy to supply samples, sources, and details if anyone is interested. No one seems to make white boating carpet(actually slightly grey/white, but not tan), but I found a source! Also, the cockpit floor and interior floor will be teak with holly spacers. Bob.

Mike J 03-16-2003 11:13 PM

For your information the first
SCARABS were built in the mid
70s at Hallett Boats in SoCal.
There might be a few of them
left around but they would
really be Classics.
I own the 4th 26ft Flat deck
Scarab and am restoring it now
Mike J.

bucky 03-17-2003 04:06 AM

Hey Too Old, what is that other boat behind your Cig in #34? Looks like it is too close to be hooked to another truck but it may just be the perspective fooling me.

Zanie 03-17-2003 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey!
I'm not shy, I never pass up a chance to post pics of my 84 Excalibur!

Zanie 03-17-2003 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
another

Zanie 03-17-2003 08:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the only side shot that I have on my computer.
It's a like a year before I bought it, before the scoops went into the hatch.
Sorry about the nerdy guy in front of it!!

BODYSHOT1 03-17-2003 09:25 AM

Zanie

..Great Looking Ride! :cool:

Zanie 03-17-2003 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey!
Found another pic!