If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    My Boats:
    79 Larry Smith Scarab 'Kaama'
    Abita Springs, La.
    Very moving. And a fitting tribute to those that made the ultimate sacrifice. My dad and uncles served in WW2, Korea. I lost a cousin and a couple of friends in RVN.

In the last few years, I became dismayed at the lack of leadership which resulted in our troops being put in harms way in S---holes- like Somalia- without a commitment from the top to do anything and everything to protect our troops.

If I am glad about anything right now, it is because we have a President that has the courage and conviction to do what has to be done. We will soon see the difference.

God bless our troops and President Bush.

Registered Platinum Member THEJOKER's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
    Lake Lanier - N. Georgia

Thumbs down can you imagine?

Can you imagine their next concert? Anybody know where it's at? BH

Registered Platinum Member THEJOKER's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
    Lake Lanier - N. Georgia

Platinum Member Platinum Member GLH's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Burlington, VT
    I just sent this out. Free speech and free enterprise.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 1:25 PM
    To: [email protected]'
    Subject: Comments on LongHorn Restaurant

RARE Hospitality International, Inc./Attn: Philip Hickey, Jr, Chairman, CEO
    8215 Roswell Road, Building 600, Atlanta, GA 30350
    Mr. Hickey:
    I had lunch minutes ago at your LongHorn restaurant in Manchester, NH not far from where I work. I actually eat lunch and dinners at your restaurants either in Manchester or Concord, NH about four to six times a week. This averages out to approximately $100.00 a week for those two franchises roughly $5,000.00 worth of business a year, just counting me not anyone I bring. I realize this isn’t much of your $585 Million in sales. However during lunch today I heard a song playing performed by the “Dixie Chicks” and their lead singer Natalie Maines on the sound system. Ms. Maines had some pretty unpatriotic views she choose to voice at a recent concert in London England a few weeks back. I was informed by the staff that the music is issued monthly on “CD’s” and they rightfully for these kinds of establishments do not have a choice in what is included on those “CD’s”. I enjoy the fact that some teenage waitress does not choose some bang your head on the wall music and commend you on your corporate practices.
    All this to mention that if I hear another song from the “Dixie Chicks” or Ms. Maines in any of your restaurants I will choose to take my patronage somewhere else for all my business. I would also appreciate to hear your intentions regarding this matter.
    Thank you,
    G.L. Harvie

Good for you, you gotta take a stand. Well done GL Harvie. I assume that is the extended version of GLH! That is what we need to do, stand up for what you beleive in. If the songs do not bother you, that is fine as well, but if they do, speak up for yourself.

You are to be comended.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011