If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    My Boats:
    41 apache
    Miami, FL
    I am sure there is a lot more now!

My Boats:
    2001 Formula Fastech 353
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post
    This girl owns and drives her own boat. Docking is still a little shaky (it's a single that doesn't back up well) but the rest of it is OK. I've never had a guy around teaching me either. Most of it (especially with the Fountain) I've learned on my own.
    Texas girl with her own boat... wanna date?

My Boats:
    29 Scarab - Sold
    Ormond Beach, FL
    You can add me to this list!

My Boats:
    DCB F-32
    Bowling Green, Kentucky
    My wife puts the boat on the trailer, docks it, cruises in it without me. When I first got the boat she liked it(named it after her, "The Danita 1".) But she was intimidated by the size of the 34 at first and said she really didn't want to drive. Now that she drives the boat, I think she has much more fun on the lake. Heck, after on the trailer she details the thing along with me. She doesn't want to pull out with a water spot on the boat.
    This summer I was following her out of the dock harbor in my dad's pontoon boat, some young ladies in a boat were just staring at her as she past them. One of them stood up and said, "That's too cool, I want my own boat."
    My wife has a lot of pride in our boat and enjoys it much more than I thought she ever would. It also makes it better for me, because I don't have to do everything.

My Boats:
    1990 28 Apache SOLD!, 1990 16 Wahoo DC, 1973 40 Kingscraft
    Mansfield, TX
    My fiancee and my mom both drive the boats. Like someone said - it makes it more fun for them. It also makes it more fun for me because I can have a couple of drinks and just relax on the way back. Being a passenger instead of the driver is like lifting about a 1000lbs off your shoulders. Its hard to relax when you've got 500+hp and your passengers lives under your fingers. I've also found that if you put the insurance policy in the their name it can save you a few hundred bucks.

Fairport Harbor OH
    I drove the Stinger many times and even docked it, but the Apache is a little more intimidating. I can drive it, but putting it on the lift/docking will be more difficult. The power from the props really pushes the boat and it's going to take some time.

Only had the boat since late August. I'll get comfortable wtih it next year.

tulsa, oklahoma
    My wife drives our cat like she stole it. I'm usually the one saying ,SLOW DOWN!

Transplanted to KS Gold Member Outlawcowgirl's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1993 24 ft Baja Outlaw that is too loud for the State of Kansas
    Topeka, KS
    I have always driven the boat since we bought it. I pull it off the trailer and back on. Heck, I raced it in a small shootout the first summer we had it. BankerRon drives it out to the cove, I drive it back. We each drive it.
    I just raced it at the LOTO Shootout in August and drove it faster than it has ever gone. 79 mph for a 24' boat is quite a feat! I won my class too. I also work on the engine. Gordo teaches me everything. Him and I pulled the heads 2 summers ago. I did one side while he did the other.
    Now towing the boat is a different story, I leave that all up to BankerRon. He ROCKS at that.
    Any time spent on the water is time well spent!

My Boats:
    2002 Outer Limits 51'
    Colts Neck,NJ
    I can answer this question with one word.

New Jersey

Thumbs up

My girlfriend has zero interest in driving the boat, but has proven herself as fully capable. She's more interested in catching sun rays and sightseeing... works for me!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast