Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Girl that Drive Boats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/45406-girl-drive-boats.html)

Back4More 03-14-2003 04:51 PM

She touches nothing but dock lines, fenders, and the ice chest.....;)

Becca 03-14-2003 05:02 PM

Good grief people, it really is not that complicated. To go to our local hangout when I leave the dock it's 12 miles and I come back in the dark. Gotta laugh though, we used to have a 24 Skater and I took the girls out on that one day and we passed a Russian ship in the channel (keep in mind that our graphics were streaming stars and stripes) and all of the crew of that freighter were on deck giving me the speed up signal. My girlfriends were going "slow down" it was only about 90. Besides that I took the girls out in our top gun and pulled into the local bar and all guys couldn't believe it. I docked one of our Apache's and this guy was on the public dock telling his wife that the guy next to me (Danny of course) must have separate controls on the other side of the boat. What kind of a world do we live in?

Becca 03-14-2003 05:03 PM

P.S., you egged me on Boot

Audiofn 03-14-2003 05:37 PM

Of course we can not forget our Long term Board Goddess herself Blonie :D:D She can tow, launch, and drive her Cig. The best part. I hear she can grease her own shafts!!!! :D:D I have been on her boat twice and I feel more comfortable with her driving then most guys that I know.

Hey BCC hope that was ok :D:D

Jon

JaayTeee 03-14-2003 05:42 PM

Mine drives at the local lake all the time,
even will put it on the trailer, had docked it,
but not her favorite thing, she actually knows
what drive trim and tabs do:D :D
Usually, around 4 pm saturday afternoon,
about a half a dozen of the gals will jump in their
ride of choice and go for a TOPLESS lake cruise.

Sorry, no photos available ;)

Strip Poker 388 03-14-2003 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
muscle girls and muscle boats.

GO4BROKE 03-14-2003 06:19 PM

My wife got a crash course in our little boat last summer. I docked it, jumped out to tie off, and the boat backed out again with the throttle in neutral! I had to let go or go swimming. She had never driven, but she did very well with shouted directions, even took a quick ride and docked it. She's nervous about driving the Sonic, but I want to teach her this summer. Its just safer to have more than 1 capable driver.
And she drives the dually towing the boat like a champ!

Dave M 03-14-2003 06:47 PM

My wife is not that interested in driving. I was just saying to her earlier this evening that she needs to learn how to drive.

Blonde Cig Chick 03-14-2003 07:10 PM

Awe.......gee Audio, stop it some more ;)

I remember those times well, we had a blast!

bayou outlaw 03-14-2003 08:35 PM

I have tried to get my wife to drive, but she says she gets too nervous. She is just interested in riding, so I have to drive all of the time.