Notices

Girl that Drive Boats?

Old 03-15-2003, 07:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive, put the boat on the lift, and can make putting the boat on a trailer look like a piece of cake. Love it when all eyes are on me - a woman in a big noisy performance boat easing it up on the trailer. My husband, who backs the trailer down the ramp and waits for me to drive on, just grins.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:55 AM
Registered

LOL...no she doesn't...right after the st.clair race as you may know, her dad drown to death in lake huron...so she had some things to over come again this past december when i pussed her to get her scuba cirt...this year she sketed on ice climbing...
Old 03-15-2003, 08:18 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Never been on a boat before i met Kyle 14 yrs ago. His rule, you either back the trailer in the water or drive the boat on and off the trailer or see ya! I chose the boat. I drive it and dock it as well. It is a 31 AO and not a big as some of the others, but I enjoy seeing the guys look at us and laughing like we don't know what we are doing Sometimes I still have problems every now and then, but I love the thrill of handling the power

CatGirl
Old 03-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

Carol drove and handled the Sea Ray very well. We haven't been out on the new boat, yet! She will do well with the 32' as well, I'm sure. I gave her the choice of backing the trailer or driving the boat. She chose to drive the boat on and off the trailer. Several of the guys wives around here drive their boats on and off, so she will have plenty of help mastering the task.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

My wife driving our Top Gun
Attached Thumbnails Girl that Drive Boats?-resized-laura-cigarette.jpg  
Old 03-15-2003, 09:10 AM
Registered

Marilyn drives, docks and retrieves the boat. Flies it on occasion too!!!
Old 03-15-2003, 10:35 AM
Registered

I think there are more women on the board that haven't posted yet. I have no problems with mine. I trailered my first one, 23 Nova, put it in and out, docked and really enjoyed it. This one 28 Sonic is on a lift now but will be on a trailer soon. I think all women that boat should know how to do all things involved with boating even if they choose not to do it.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Wife won't touch anything. Acts like it is all covered with boiling acid. Only thing she will do is will ride a Jetski, but needs me to untie it for her and to be there when she comes back in to help her get it to the dock/boat.

Kids are much easier to teach than wives. I don't get it.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

My wife has her own boat!!! why should she drive mine?
Old 03-15-2003, 11:49 AM
Registered

My friend's girlfriend has her own 31 Scarab with some warmed over 502's , the boat runs 80 . She docks it on her own with no problems.

The dealer that I bought my boat from used to have 38 Larry Smith Scarab with 1000's and crashboxes and we used to see his then girlfriend and her friends out in the boat all the time.

I've tried to get mine to run the boat but she's afraid about breaking something.

Quick Reply: Girl that Drive Boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.