Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Membership required to view attached photos? >

Membership required to view attached photos?

Notices

Membership required to view attached photos?

Old 03-15-2003, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Membership required to view attached photos?

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's lame that, in order to view attached photos, you need to be a gold or platinum member? I know, I know, Iif I don't like it I should just not visit the site but I enjoy the varied topics but the photos always added to the enjoyment.

Just thought I'd rant for a moment.........carry on.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:13 PM
Registered

It's 20 buck's a year!!!
Old 03-15-2003, 07:01 PM
Registered

you know you're right it is a shame to have to pay for a membership steve and jeff should do it for fun. NOT YOU BLOW MORE THAN THAT STARTING YOUR MOTER,THIS BOARD COST MONEY TO RUN. AND YOU SHOULD OF SEEN THE OTHER 30 POST ABOUT IT. PAY UP
Old 03-15-2003, 07:27 PM
Registered

Cool Yeah....what they said...

...if you don't like it, then go somewhere else!*

*there are plenty of boards out there that let you have a free upload center, you can post all the pictures you want, look at pictures, and yet they seem to be profitable without charging members
Old 03-15-2003, 07:53 PM
Registered

I understand, by the amount of posts you have, your new to the board. so im gonna cut you some slack.

Just to fill you in on the history here.
Everyone here knows that this subject has been brought up several times and just got beat to death. The problem here is that it costs money to keep up a web site. With all the photos that have been posted in the last year, the server costs have gone through the roof and it has unfortunately become necessary to recoop some of those costs. you cant expect the owners to foot the bill. they need to feed their families too.
There may be other sites out there that allow you to view for free. But , in my opinion OSO is the pioneer website and everyone comes here to view , buy, sell, and learn from other peoples mistakes. Hell, we are a family here. So sit your ass down , grab a beer and enjoy.

Welcome ...lets not push the issue any further.

Steve ...if im off base here, feel free to correct me

Its well worth the money. 20 bucks aint gonna kill ya.

Last edited by BRUCE SEROFF; 12-23-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:07 PM
Registered

Geez, lighten up guys. I don't spend alot time on this site but I used to enjoy looking at all of your beautiful boats. Again, since I can't afford a Cigarette, Magnum what have you I enjoy looking at them and torturing myself in hopes that one day I will be able to own something like it.
I realize the owners of the site spend countless hours maintaining a site such as this but, not being very computer literate, I was not aware that there were server fees and things of that nature.
Trust me, my comments were not intended to offend anyone I just stated that I liked it much better when you could view the photos that had ben posted no matter what your status on the forum was. If the subject has been gone over before well I must've missed it. Like I said I don't stop by here too often.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:12 PM
Registered

before you know it, youll be addicted. your wife will leave you, youll lose your job and youll be miserable. but remember. as long as you have a computer, you'll have us.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:16 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

1996Z15: Just realize that some of the harsh responses are due to the fact that this has been gone over a million times by now. You can ALWAYS look in the photo section I believe that is still free of charge if you want to see a lot of nice pictures. Otherwise it is the best 20 bucks you will ever spend.

Jon
Old 03-15-2003, 10:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea Yea pay uP $$$
Attached Thumbnails Membership required to view attached photos?-faust.jpg  
Old 03-15-2003, 10:13 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Bruce, that was funny as CHIT!!!

Quick Reply: Membership required to view attached photos?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.