Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I have joined the Active Thunder Team (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/45636-i-have-joined-active-thunder-team.html)

jafo 03-18-2003 01:12 PM

Originally posted by audacity
there is a lot of rumors out there that AT says one thing and delivers another
A lot of rumors? :rolleyes: Rumors need more than one player.

The only negative comments (repetitively too) I read about Active Thunder come from you, Joe. You seem to be seeking out any thread with AT in it just to take a jab. I can't be the only one noticing this; others have commented on it before! It's getting old. The internet is not the correct way to address your isuues.

Every issue I have had with AT has been addressed to my satisfaction, and Pat has gone beyond the call of duty on some.
There are two sides to every coin..............

I met Stan at the Miami show, and met Dan during the build process of his boat. Both are great additions to Active Thunder Boats! I wish them all the best of luck!
Jim

audacity 03-18-2003 01:22 PM

yep...i make it up :rolleyes:

lets just see....when are the build dates?...will they be met?...lets let OSO'ers be the judge...at the VERY lest the next few customers may get what they want when they want...

i keep what others have told me to myself...i have kept every email....but i also see none of those people in here saying it's not so.

Shane 03-18-2003 01:58 PM

Hey Joe,

I would love to see your reaction if someone started in on Donzi, how over priced they are, how the quality was lacking relative to other boats etc. I bet you would be on them like stink on sh!t. Pat helped me out with a "situation" I had and provided me VALUABLE information. He did not need to. He called and e-mailed me several times just to help me out. As a representative of Donzi, I don't think your bashing of another builder/competitor is what they had in mind when they agreed to sponsor you.

Funny thing, in your advertisements to sell your AT, which was beautiful by the way, you spoke very highly of AT. A little cooth may help you a long way here.

audacity 03-18-2003 02:36 PM

you have never heard me rip on the performance of an AT!

i'm talking about customer service...do what you say and when. it's just that simple.

Our current sponsors KNOW; i'll do what i say and when...i expect the same. ALL of our sponsor share the same fellings...I work VERY HARD EVERYDAY to exceed their expectations! why, because they have done the same for us. if you would like, i will list all of them, the owners name and contact number if you would like to verify this!

Shane 03-18-2003 03:03 PM

Originally posted by audacity
you have never heard me rip on the performance of an AT!

i'm talking about customer service...do what you say and when. it's just that simple.

Our current sponsors KNOW; i'll do what i say and when...i expect the same. ALL of our sponsor share the same fellings...I work VERY HARD EVERYDAY to exceed their expectations! why, because they have done the same for us. if you would like, i will list all of them, the owners name and contact number if you would like to verify this!

Joe,

No where in your reply do you address any of what I said in my earlier post. I am CERTAIN that there are people here on OSO and elsewhere that can make the same claim against Donzi and their customer service as you do about AT. No one questioned that you do what you say you are going to do. Therefore listing them to appease me is not necessary. As I said earlier, if you have reputable and respected sponsors, as I am sure you do, think about how they might view you bashing another company. It certainly does not do them any good. Take the high road Joe. Telling it like it is great, and I value those that do. I see no vlaue in your continuing to harp on this matter especially when it has NOTHING to do with you. You are not in the production schedule any longer, let those that are waiting for their boats handle their specific situation as they see fit. If they choose to bring it on here that is one thing, but for you to bash AT in the name of others getting their boats on time is only counter productive to you, your sponsors, AT, Donzi, the customer waiting for his or her boat and offshore in general. You had your experience with AT, and I am sorry if it did not live up to your expectations. You have made your point abundantly clear. Again, you are no longer involved with them so your continued bantering is not adding any value. If someone were asking you for asistance in handling a particular situation that is one thing to describe what your experience was. But to bash Dan and start harping on him for production information of boats that are NOT EVEN YOURS is rediculous! Do what you say and answer my above questions about your sponsors condoning your basing a competitor.

h2owarrior 03-18-2003 03:13 PM

Audacity

Do us all a favor......Sell your boat.......Go race your Donzi....and give it a rest.:o

Wouldn't you know....this is my 666 post. You think that has any special meaning.........Audacity:eek: :D

Coddigtion 03-18-2003 03:55 PM

audacity...

Personally after seeing what you have said on here about bashing another companies customer service so many times in such a short period of time, I hope that you don't sell your boat. That would be a bit of justice for you.

Every company has problems in the past, Pat may be to blame for it, but Stan and Dan are steping up to the plate.. Give it a rest and let them have a chance! Personally I applaud Pat for bringing Stan and Dan in to give the customer service a one upmanship here.

thunderdan; I must say that I wish you the best of luck and hope that it all works out for the better.

Jassman 03-18-2003 05:15 PM

I can't wait till it gets warmer, then we all can go boating and then everyone will be happy, :D

Magicfloat 03-18-2003 06:23 PM

When you are talking about a relatively high volume performance builder,maybe 500-800 boats a year they will have maybe a few hundred employees and when they say finish on Wed it probrably will,or maybe Thurs. A small builder doing 25-30 boats a year would have just a few key guys doing lots of different things,wearing lots of different hats,striving for excellent quality. This leads to lots of unforseen delays that obviously management does't want but has trouble controlling. The smaller the operation the more the likelyhood of unforseen delays.Don't know much about AT but maybe they are trying to do the best they can within the parameters they work in. If the main directive is get the boat on time there are lots of builders that can do that, but maybe some boats are worth waiting a little longer for. Does this make sense?

thunderdan 03-18-2003 07:02 PM

Very well said Magicfloat. I agree. AT is a true custome builder in that Pat allows customers to change, modify or add things at all times in the production schedule.

However, when this happens, (as I did when my boat was being biult) it throws off the entire production schedule. Ask Jassman and h20. :D In the future we will be communicating with all of the customers as to what this will do to our schedule. Can we do it, absolutely, but it will result in a change order...not just in $ but in time. Everything will be layed out to the customer. Why you ask, because that is a custome builder and we recoginize that our customer will be willing to wait the extra time it takes to have the boat customize to how he or she wants it.

The only problem with this is that it effect the current production schedule and bumps other customers, and that is not fair. The solution....we we are working on it.

My goal is to keep our customers informed, all of them. We are going to try and limit the number of changes that happen after we are into the rigging of the boat..