Rockford Fosgate amp help!!! >

Rockford Fosgate amp help!!!

Notices

Rockford Fosgate amp help!!!

Old 03-13-2003, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rockford Fosgate amp help!!!

I'm looking a buying some new amps for the boat since someone stole mine last year.

I have:
2 6x9 Babbs
2 6 1/2 Clarion with seprate tweeters
2 10" Access tech subs.
HU is a Alpine 7892 (since they stole my amp I guess they needed a HU to)

My question is what Rockford Fosgate amp to get?
I know I will probably get a 4ch amp but witch one? Found a 500x on ebay for $180 new from ikesounds.com.

As for what to power the subs with I don't know. Seems I could go with 2 500x's and power the subs off that. Or I could get a 2ch or 1ch amp to power them. But from what I've seen is that the 2ch amp is more expensive than the 4ch on ebay??

Any help you guy's and gal's could give would be great. Point me in the right direction.

Russ
Old 03-13-2003, 04:32 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would get in touch with Any Buzz. He has has some KILLER deals on Rockford stuff. I have his number but do not want to give it out. I am sure he will respond to this thread. If he does not PM me and I will give it to you.

They systems that I do the most popular amp is the 5 channel. Especially with a system like what you are putting together.

Jon
Old 03-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Registered

I just re did my boat with Rockford and Momo Polk. I have a RF 750S running the 2 10's and it sounds great with a 1 farad cap. Here is a good link for RF amps. And the best price I found.
http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/amps

And maybe a 750X 4 channel for the 2 6x9 and 6 1/2. Just make sure you put a good cap on the amps. This helps the battery and amp. Hope this helps.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:05 PM
Registered

Jon,

Havn't talked to you for awhile. It's been about a year. You sold me all my speakers and my Rubicon 355 5ch amp. What 5ch amp would you suggest? The 5ch 355 was good but I wouldn't say it was great. So I don't want to do that one again. I figure I will spend about $400 on the 2 Rockford amps. What are good 5ch amps going for? Or would I better off just going with the 2 amps?

And if you where installing 2 Rockford amps in my config witch ones would you go with? Just curious.

Russ
Old 03-13-2003, 07:13 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Sorry you did not like that amp Sound quality on those was excelent but that 355 was a small amp as far as power goes. I will try and get you a part number soon.

Jon
Old 03-13-2003, 11:51 PM
Registered

Russ,
I purchased 4 6X9 Babb’s from Audiofn. Those things rock and I haven't hurt them yet so I'm impressed. I am running a Rockford 500s and have been very happy with it. I'm running the 4 6X9’s full range with no crossovers. The amp is seeing 2 ohm's where Rockford’s work the best. I can here music over the wind and engine noise at 70 so I'm happy. There are some cleaner Amps out there but I personally don't think it's worth it in a boat. We definitely don't have the best acoustical environments. I guess I need to start thinking about a good sub for this year. Any ideas Jon?

Dan
Old 03-14-2003, 12:22 AM
Registered

Ok

disclamer:
Not a wiz at this kind of stuff so correct me if im wrong anywhere!

After setting on the computer for acouple of hours researching Rockford amps (they have alot to choose from witch makes it difficult) I think I came up with something??

For my 2 6x9's and 2 6 1/2's I'm going to go with the Rockford 500x and run both sets in parallel to 2 ohms. That would give me about 125 watts per channel.

And I beleave that would leave 2 open channels??

So if I have 2 open channels I can add 2 more sets of speakers if they are 4 ohm speakers and wire them in parallel to the 2 open channels?????

For the 10" access tech subs I'm going to go with the 400s and run them in series witch would keep the subs at 4 ohms that should give me 200 watts per sub??????????

Any one have any suggestions on what kind of speakers I should get to put in some boxes. Will probably hang them on the backs of the bolsters.

Thanks for reading my rambling.

Russ
Old 03-14-2003, 06:54 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Russ your figures are off some

First off I DO NOT recommend running different size and manufactured speakers off one channel of the amp. You will find that the Babbs can play louder then the Clarions and you will start to distort the Clarions before the babbs thus not get the volume you are wanting. Second by going to 2ohms you only get about 3db of extra sound preasure but create a LOT more heat in the amp. I try and avoid it just becaue it means more problems down the road. Heat is the enemy of all electronics. 2ohm running also eats up more battery. Also helping with your battery is the bd amps from rockford in the Power amps.

You idea of what Ohm load you will have if you parallel your speakers is correct at 2 ohms. If you series them you will double the ohm load of your speakers so your 4 ohm speakers will now be 8ohms. I would look at the 1000db amp for your subs and a good 4 channel amp for your mids and highs and you will see that system come to life

Jon
Old 03-14-2003, 06:56 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Russ also I am sick to my stomach that you were not happy with that amp. So when you figure out what you want and your best price give me a call and I will see what I can do for pricing for you.

Jon
Old 03-14-2003, 07:22 AM
Steven Toth

Ok

Now you have me wondering about my ideas.
I found a Volfenhag system with 1600 watt amp and (2) 2000 watt subs that I was going to purchase for around $260 on e-bay. Is this as good as Rockford and is it a fair price and is it a good system for a boat?

Quick Reply: Rockford Fosgate amp help!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.