Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Police corruption in New Rome, Ohio >

Police corruption in New Rome, Ohio

Notices

Police corruption in New Rome, Ohio

Old 03-17-2003, 10:42 PM
Rorry Calhoon

Default Police corruption in New Rome, Ohio

Anyone seen the article in the Car and Driver about New Rome and the B-ll Sh-t cops that give all cops a bad rap. They harrass and false charge and ticket the general public that happen to pass through there big town of 60 people. In 2001 they ticketed $377,651 worth. I think the Hells Angels outa stop by and show them what organised crime and corruption is all about. Heres a link to a website with stories. NEWROMESUCKS.com Check it out. Its just like the Dukes of Hazard. I just wonder who and wheres Boss Hogg???

Old 03-18-2003, 04:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of little towns in Delaware were doing that along Rt13 between Dover and the Md state line. The Feds busted their ass and told them to calm it down. They did.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

There was a two minute segment on Dateline a few weeks ago on this town. The Town generates 100% of it's income from these traffic stops. The mayor is a dirtbag and doesn't have a full set of teeth.
I don't think it is "corruption", but "harrassment".

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 03-18-2003 at 06:59 AM.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:14 AM
Registered

Yeah, the article in C & D is good. But there are alot of New Rome wanabee towns, villages, hamlets, etc. In northern IL. we've got ao many of these piddly PD's that it's hard to go anywhere without being in the jurisdiction of one. I don't want to name names, but: Bull Valley, Fox River Valley Gardens, Lakemoor, McCollum Lake, Holiday Hills, Prairie View.... I'm sure I left some out, but these are among the worst. What is needed is a Judge with the balls to throw out the petty crap and send these places a message. The cops that work for these outfits are piss ant pieces of $hit.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:11 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

There was one of these a couple of years ago. The town was citing people for 1 over. The state finally passed a law that broke the income sources down into percentatges.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:24 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I like Ohio and I love our boating areas but I will be the first to say that the small town speed traps and corruption that goes along with them is way out of hand. I also have a problem with the number of Highway Patrol units in Ohio. Can you say overkill!
Although I have to say they have been making some record number drug busts on the toll road. (Good for them)
Old 03-18-2003, 10:11 AM
Registered

I only live about 5 miles from New Rome, it's been like that forever. There's been a lot of crap happening lately there, not sure what the bottom line is going to be, but they had a vote to disban the village, don't know how that went, the newly elected mayor can't get into his office, cause the old one won't leave, it's like a Peyton Place but better. They only have about 1 mile of RT. 40 in their jurisdiction and like the other guy said 99.9 % of the village income is from tickets.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:16 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Dude, thier just working on Commission!

No ticky, no paycheck.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

The Police Dept. and Town Hall are in the same Building-or rather trailer. Maybe they're saving up for one of them new "double wides".
Old 03-18-2003, 10:35 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There was also somethig that I read about a town in Florida that was just as bad, AAA was telling people to avoid this town just for that reason. It is up near ocala/gainesville area.

Quick Reply: Police corruption in New Rome, Ohio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.