Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Are most OSO'ers White Republicans? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/45755-most-osoers-white-republicans.html)

Jolley 03-20-2003 08:20 PM

What Audio said !!!!!!!!!

Ted G 03-20-2003 08:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Are most OSO'ers White Republicans?

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
Don't you think that we have OSO members from of all sorts of ethnicity's, religions and nationalities on the forum? I would imagine, with some certainty, that posts like this are bothersome to them. It bothered the hell out of me.

What is the reason for this thead? I'm listening........

Well if it is bothersome to them then I wish they would post and let us all know-as long as they can illiterate why it bothers them, not just throw stones.

As for it bothering you Nort- maybe living in one of the bastions of PC has had a little more effect on you.

And the reason for this thread-maybe the original poster was actually interested to see if there were more here than a bunch of middle aged, white, conservative guys:eureka:

Tinkerer 03-20-2003 09:50 PM

I think that the only ones that took it as being RACIST were the people that look for a Racist slant and read more into things than what was written. I am not a racist person- but I have a real problem with people like Jesey Jackson that go arround looking for anything that can be missconstrued as RACIST. I feel the most RACIST person is JJ himself.

Allan4 03-20-2003 10:49 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what is racist about this thread. Maybe, Nort, you don't like the thread or maybe it is not boating related, but perhaps the person who originated the post does not like the threads some other people post as well.

I guess what I am saying is that you could refer to this thread as a bunch of things, but racist does not even make the top 100 choices. I just don't understand why people play the race card whenever a skin color is mentioned, it's mindboggling.....what if an Asian member posted asking if there were any other Asians on board? Would that make him a racist? Ofcourse not. Would I find anything wrong with that? No...why would I? How could that possibly be offensive.....even from the most extreme vantage point. Calling this racist is a very unfair and unrealistic comment in my opinion.

We all (myself included) need to laugh at ourselves a little more and learn to lighten up. You can't even tell a knock knock joke anymore without someone calling you some sort of bigot.......doesn't add up for me.

On the lighter side of things......went to the water today!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO.....67 and sunny!! Just a few quick test runs though.... :D :D

PhantomChaos 03-21-2003 12:34 AM

Let me take a look at this thread again.......

Yes, it kind of makes me feel poor when somebody has to say……..“hey, who is _________ (in this case; white-male-republican) like me”. In this case, it comes off as racist to me. It is further accentuated when it is combined with references to “race”, “political orientation” and “sexual” orientation. This kind of post is even further out of place on a “boating” website!

Like TooOld, I don’t think of myself as being too Politically Correct (PC), and TinkerBoater am not looking for a “slant” to this, it just popped out at me. Allen4, you’re right, I don’t like the thread for the reasons I’ve implied here………besides, if we asked “who here is Asian” we know for sure who one of them would be. :D :D

I can laugh at myself all the time (see Avatar). Regarding the weekend……the weather will be here, but I have a feeling that I will not have the time to boat. L

Do I consider JJ a racist…………....YES
Do I consider JJ a democrat………YES
Is JJ a male.................................Yes

cigarette1 03-21-2003 12:40 AM

JJ is a Homeboy ... he listens to Mystical .... Shake Yo Ass .. Shake It

:eek:

PhantomChaos 03-21-2003 12:43 AM

Originally posted by cigarette1
.... Shake Yo Ass .. Shake It

:eek:

G~

It's "Shake Dat A$$".............gezzzz!!!!!!! :D :D :D

PhantomChaos 03-21-2003 12:44 AM

Originally posted by Just Say N2O
How big does your primary boat (ship!) have to be, to have that Apache as your tender?

Yes, we need to know... :D :D ;) ;) ;)

cigarette1 03-21-2003 12:44 AM

What can I say HOMEBOY ... I'm a wannabe :D

cigarette1 03-21-2003 12:47 AM

I wannabe a White Republican ....... NOT :D