Notices

Hot Tubs Help ?

Old 03-19-2003, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The one to stay away from is Cal-Spa, they make parts for their tubs only. It is hard to find anyone that has replacement parts.

There are so many out there that are good. Just which ever one you do chose, make sure they can get parts for you.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold our Sundance Optima with the last house, great spa, I sure miss it.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:36 PM
Registered

I was in the hot tub business and have represented Dynasty and a few others. What it boils down to is that Hot Springs and Sundance have a real theraputic benefit where most other brands are just hot water with bubbles. Currently, I own a Sundance Maxxus. I could not get a deal but paid the price and am glad I did.

Before you drop cash on any spa, my best recommendation would be to stop by a store and jump inside the spa and use it. It may seem weird but reputable stores have units set up for trial. You will see and feel the power and the spas effects.

In addition to power and jet design, Hot Springs and Sundance have much better heater and filtration designs. Most spas, if you don't change water every 60 days, the stink will chase you out of the spa or the test levels will be very hard to stabilize. I hate to admit that I only change my water every 5 months and really do very little to maintain the balance. The Sundance seems to have the most efficient and longest lasting heater.

In a spa, you get what you pay for. I would take a good look at the Sundance and get a used one if new is out of the price range.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:00 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Andy Buzz
. I hate to admit that I only change my water every 5 months and really do very little to maintain the balance.
That is the same frequency that I do a water change as well...
Old 03-19-2003, 11:01 PM
Registered

Our Coleman has been trouble free for 4 years.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:23 PM
AIRTIME

GULFCOAST SPAS has anyone scene these before,or been in one. the one I'm looking at sells for $ 9200 size 94x94 I can have it for $5000.the saratoga spa olympia is $6795 84x84 and I can get it for$5500 these prices are me picking them up. the
sweatwater spa Bahia includes set up thats $6000, but if I pick it up hoping for better deal maybe$550088x88

Old 03-22-2003, 02:52 AM
Registered

Don't buy one..........it's like owning a piece of exercise equipment.............you use if for awhile at first and then it sits. Mark my word...............I told ya
I see it all the time
Old 03-22-2003, 06:52 AM
Charter Member #1015
Charter Member

Ditto on the Coleman. Feels great and no trouble for years.
Old 03-22-2003, 07:24 AM
Registered

I have a Hot Spring, and I'm very happy with it. They have a spin-off company called Tiger River Spas, they are supposed to be the same quality mechanically, and I know they are priced better. I purchased mine around this time of year for about 6K. This is when the new models are hitting the showroom and their 'clearing out' the old ones. Mine was brand new in a package, but you can get deeper discounts if you take a floor model.

Two things sold me on the Hot Spring... 110v operation, and a written in writing garantee not to raise my electric bill over $20/month. (it runs maybe 10-15$ more)

We don't use it as much as we used to... but it is great for entertaining guests, and the biggest reason to have one is if you suffer from a sore back like I do quite often.