Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Best Prices on Supplements >

OT: Best Prices on Supplements

Notices

OT: Best Prices on Supplements

Old 03-21-2003, 09:57 PM
Allan4

Check out www.supplementstogo.com

Too bad Metrx is loaded with Aspertame. I used to go thru two packets a day back in the powerlifting days.....

Old 03-21-2003, 11:02 PM
baja_daddy

www.advantagesupplements.com

www.psperformance.com

These are the places I order stuff for my daughter all the time...SUPER CHEAP!!!

Old 03-22-2003, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Too bad Metrx is loaded with Aspertame"....man do i ever love that ****....have no idea what i would do with out it!....o, yeah....be FAT!
Old 03-22-2003, 10:38 AM
Allan4

Yeah, I've tried a bunchof stuff over the years, Metrx was one of my favorites but it is loaded with Aspertame, and that stuff is just terrible for you. I tried a few knock off brands a couple years ago, but Metrx was the best. I would use it as meal replacement for breakfast and then after my workout. I'll never go bakc to it, too mnay other supps that are well made without the chemicals. Example.....Stevia in place of sugar, sucralose, aspertame...etc.

I switched over to Beverly International and that stuff is really high quality and good stuff. I also use a powder called Enhanced Life Prolongevity. It uses stevia and is high Q sutff. For anyone who is buying Supps, if you buy the cheap stuff you are wasting your $$. You will just pea it out, no absorbtion. You need good supps. That and diet are just as important as the workout.

I am going to get back into the gym on a regular basis in the near future, but the powerlifting days are over.....to damn hard on the body. OFcourse I asy that but.........ahhhhhhh muscle memory is a GOOD thing....HeHeHe.....

Old 03-22-2003, 11:07 AM
Registered

well...i drink about 3 liters of diet pop a day...3 met-rx's ...2x 3 serving designer pro shakes and 3 packets of equal on my oatmeal every day...like i said it's worth it for me...i took 2 YEARS off from the gym and eating clean...combined that with staying out late, drinking and eating the worst **** i could find it seemed...so what is the worst of the two...

this will be my 4 week back,,,training hard as hell, eating PERFECT...and it's coming back quick! i think this will be my best gains yet all around. i take racing very seriously. i treat the race boat, my body, and my mind all as machines. and expect them all to give 110% if needed to get the job done! plus i hate to think "back in my day!!"blah blah blah....what are you doing today and what will do tomorrow??? if i can't think i have improved,,,i fell like a looser...

i do not power lift but i do train like one...actually i combine both...my goal is maximum thickness with as little weight as possible...make no mistake i have endurance as well!!!
Attached Thumbnails OT: Best Prices on Supplements-jas3.jpg  
Old 03-22-2003, 11:18 AM
Registered

kev was power lifter from ohio,,,i was a bodybuilder....we combined the two styles! my training partner kev of 7 years...powerhouse after a heavy workout...i've never seen anyone as strong and cut as kev at the same weight!

good luck kev at the USA this year!
Attached Thumbnails OT: Best Prices on Supplements-00v32.jpg  

Last edited by audacity; 03-22-2003 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

www.bodybuilding.com has great prices on supplements.
Old 03-22-2003, 07:16 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was really interested in what you all said in this thread.
Now, I think I'm more confused than ever.
Some stuff is good, but bad for you?
Old 03-23-2003, 06:41 AM
Registered

hummm...this is just my .02!!!....if i drank the same amount of regular pop as i do diet pop i would be a diabetic...so that would leave me with only water to drink!!...juice and milk make ya fat, your skin thick and water logged....they have NOT proven that equal is "bad for you"....but i know they have proven that being over weight and a diabetic is...see my mom loves 'real' coke....it makes her fat, it rasies her blood sugar so high that it causes other health problems as well...O, by the way Dre' and i take care of my mother and her insurance....so you just have to ask yourself, what mental and physical state will make you happy!...forget the excuses and just do it!
Old 03-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Registered

bro...this stuff is bull ****...as most companies are!...20lbs in how long?...don't believe it's all muscle...and at 59 you don't need any more water retention...

second that muscle milk is ****...way too much fat and sugar...and the protein is well....i always stick with designer pro and metrx or eas products...yes there are cheaper ones out there and others that taste better...when metrx did not renew my contract...well, i still use it.

this is my first diet Dre' has seen....i took two years off completely...i can DRASTIC LY change my body in 4 weeks...dre' makes a large effort to eat like me and she does work out....but little things add up! that's why i took 2 years off...it's diet Nazi or pizza and beer for me!....my genetics suck...so i can't F around like some can.

at 59 if you want to gain muscle and get lean...IT WILL SUCK! and it takes a lot of work! and it will suck for your family.

testing is what i do..at work, racing, for the magazine, and yes...not many have conducted testing on their bodies! i know what foods affects me and how...

long story short get a diabetics hand book...eat VERY low on the glycemic index and take blood a sample here and there to see how your do'n..

feel free to contact me if you would like any help.

Quick Reply: OT: Best Prices on Supplements

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.