Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Thousand Islands Poker Run 2003 moving !!! >

Thousand Islands Poker Run 2003 moving !!!

Notices

Thousand Islands Poker Run 2003 moving !!!

Old 03-20-2003, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thousand Islands Poker Run 2003 moving !!!

Hey there guys and gals,Been a long time since I have been on.Been busy with hockey wrapping up and so on. Hope everyones winter was alright and none had any accidents or anything.Almost spring so should be good then. In the last 2 weeks up here in our papers there seems to be alot of conflict stirring about our run this year.It seems that Mr Taylor has gone behind the backs of our hard working community and has been talking to the city of Kingston about moving the run to there. I think that is kinda harsh considering the amount of work we do for him to make this run so easy and smooth and as little work for him as possible. That really bugs me that after all these years he would do such a thing. I don't know about you people I can't speak for everyone.But I do love our little town and how quiet it is.And to me I think alot of you people that come here for out run enjoy that feeling too,getting away from the busy city life and hectic times. So I believe that our community has already started to try and organize our very own run and do one for our selves and all money made would go to our Rotary club and help with different charities.I would rather see them get the money that you know who. I do know one thing from living here all my life and going to Kingston is this. There is absolutely NO room for you to be able to get the boats in the water and ready the way you can here,The main ramp for one of the marinas is right off the main street in Downtown Kingston.And thats another thing.In Gananoque all the boats are kept at one spot.If you go to Kingston,your going to have to be put into at least 2 different marinas.And they do not have the space we do.And even that you all know is pretty crowed here with rafting going on.So just imagine what its going to be like there. I just want to get your feed back on this and how you all feel about this.I am curious to how many of you would come to our run over the Poker Runs America one. Just show them how good a host we are and make them look bad for going about this in the manner they did. I have put alot of years into helping our for free and meeting alot of new friends and have enjoyed this alot.I would hate to lose the connection I have to you people,Your one of a kind and can't replace that. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to get ALOT of feed back. PS... Tony Ferrentino, I am going to say you have to be a daddy by now.So congrats on that and hope to see you this summer.Say hi to Mikey for me.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Registered

Come on now guys... I am disapointed,I figured I would have heard from alot of you by now... This whole situation is really bugging me about how there moving it on us.I would love tons of feed back so I can show our commity that there is lots of intrest in our run. Thanks again people and hope to ge the responses rolling in.Take care everyone.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:14 PM
Registered

Come on now guys... I am disapointed,I figured I would have heard from alot of you by now... This whole situation is really bugging me about how there moving it on us.I would love tons of feed back so I can show our commity that there is lots of intrest in our run. Thanks again people and hope to ge the responses rolling in.Take care everyone.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Id like it to stay where it was
Old 03-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I looked at the PRA site, all it says is new route. I already have hotel reservations for Gan.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:31 PM
Registered

We've had a blast in Gan over the past years. Hate to see it move.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

Jay always was a blast in gan hope things work out for your town.Every one is so nice sure hate to see it move and start all over.Hope to see you this summer Tom
Old 03-21-2003, 08:14 PM
wilerty

A large percentage of the "locals", say from within 100 miles of you watch the event but don't enter it because of the size of boat necessary to enter, how rough it is, and the cost. It will be tough for you to compete with them at their game. Maybe if you made it more of a "fun run" catering to a larger audience you might be able to put something together. Good luck ...

Old 03-22-2003, 12:33 AM
Registered

Now thats a little better,Glad to see you guys coming out of the wood work.Especially you Tom,Glad to see you could pull the throtles back a bit and say hello.Hope all is well with you and the boat.Hope to see you as well this summer.If worse comes to Worse.I guess if it goes to Kingston,I won;t have to work it,I can enjoy it. Maybe hang out with you guys a little more without the running around.But don't get me wrong.I do love everything I do and have done to help make the weekend as easy as possible for you guys.I know everyone works hard as it is,and if this is an easy trip makes it all that much more enjoyable. I loook forward to hearing from more of you guys once you get out of the wood work... Take care...
Old 03-22-2003, 07:49 AM
Registered

Jay,

How you are my friend? I was surprised to hear the news myself and certainly disappointed. I have been racing and or poker running for close to 10 years and your location is by FAR the VERY BEST of ANY RACE OR POKER RUN I have EVER been to. PERIOD! I hoe they re-consider and come back to Gan.

Quick Reply: Thousand Islands Poker Run 2003 moving !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.