Notices

OT: FAX machines

Old 04-26-2003, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default OT: FAX machines

Is their a FAX machine that I can have on the same phone line that is for the phone. I have heard on answering machines before ( To FAX me push # whatever now) Is their such a machine??? I need to have a fax machine but don't want to have a seperate line just for that.
Old 04-26-2003, 07:04 PM
bobby daniels

several ways to do it
1 ,have another number added to ring in on your line you have now ,and thats called a destinktive ring or ringmaster service ,it will ring different than main line and the fax will answer only that ring

2 have a switch in front of all phones and when it (someones fax)
rings your house it routes it to only the fax machine this is easy !
if its a voice call it rings your phone if you don't answer it goes to your machine .

3 some people have voice mail at home and if a fax comes in it records it for later transfer to your house fax or it records voice you on most of these can send the fax anywhere to a hotel or office or home ps first it rings you home phone 4 or5 times then goes to voice mail if you don't answer COOL

Old 04-26-2003, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a machine that is my telephone, answering machine, fax machine and copier. It uses one phone line and automatically tells the difference between incoming phone calls and faxes. It was less than $200 and is made by Panasonic. I'm not at home now so I can't tell you the model, etc. Hang in there and I'll add to the post when I return home in a day or two.

Doc
Old 04-26-2003, 08:11 PM
RM2
Registered

I have the same features on my Brother machine.
One thing I'd recomend is getting a machine with memory to hold fax doc's in the event paper, ink, or toner runs out - you won't lose your doc's.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

anyone else have suggestions
Old 04-27-2003, 10:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

they've covered it. Ringmaster service will allow you to have a separate phone number for faxes, but it comes in on the same line. If you already have call waiting and caller id, most telcos offer a package bundle that will include a bunch of options for about the same price as two separate options...
Old 04-28-2003, 01:57 PM
Registered

OK Tink: I have a Panasonic KX-F230 machine that does all of the above. I added to it a Bellsouth
"Visual Director" which gives it a couple of added features: If the line is busy the VD comes on and tells the caller and offers options. The caller can choose to be directed to voice mail (included with VD), hang on until line gets un-busy, be added to the busy line (if OK'd by person receiving the call) and some other stuff. It also gives me a caller ID reading of the incoming call even tho I'm talking to another party at the same time. I forget how much I paid for it but it wasn't much. Far less than the Panasonic.

Good luck in your search.

Doc