Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT Charlie Daniels' Open Letter to the Hollywood Bunch (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/46020-ot-charlie-daniels-open-letter-hollywood-bunch.html)

Tinkerer 03-22-2003 11:06 PM

CAT -- Has your way of thinking changed in the last 30 years -I know mine has. Why do you cut down EVERYONE that is standing up for our government??? What is in someones past isn't always relevent. How someone acts NOW is what is really important. You cut down everyone on our side but You never say a bad word about anyone on the left. What are your thoughts about DASHLE-- Why is he still Minority leader??? Trent Lott was drumed out of his leadership role for saying much less. If I hear a republican say something stupid I will be the first one to speak my mind and call it what it is.

fobes 03-23-2003 12:45 AM

Well said !

mcollinstn 03-23-2003 08:38 AM

Sorry, Catman.

I can't speak for the ENTIRE U.S. military, but the six men I personally know who are now involved overseas in the Iraqi Freedom theater were all ITCHING to go. Piss and Vinegar. Hellbent and Heaven Driven (yeah, thought you'd like that one).

Four of these six were involved in Desert Storm and are EXTREMELY GLAD they are getting an opportunity to return and properly wrap up the original task.

I do not question at ALL that you may be acquainted with literally THOUSANDS of terrified reluctant soldiers who are not only questioning the reasoning for the war but are most likely anti-war to their very marrow. I feel that these represent the ones looking for "free" college money and a stint for cash in a peaceful world. While I am certainly appreciative that they joined our military and are available right now to offer their hands, hearts, eyes, and selves to protect our country's principles, I also feel that they are soldiers for all the WRONG reasons. I watch the TV and get nauseous when I see reservists and others crying becaust they have been activated. Bless their hearts, they only joined up for the extra money - not to actually do anything useful...

It's simple, the soldiers are all VOLUNTEERS. They were adults when they signed on, and understood that there were certain risks of active confrontation. I refuse to bend to the insinuation that we have scads of soldiers over there wondering WHY we are there. This is NOT Vietnam, and certainly will not be left unfinished.

The soldiers that I know are working hard to serve their country proudly. I can puff my chest out and tell you their names.

Tell me about the soldiers that YOU know, Cat.
By the way, what is that guy's name who grenaded his commanders? Isn't he a friend of yours?

(I'm fighting with myself about whether to backspace over that cause I do know that you really aren't anti american, just kind of misguided in an odd sort of atheistic leftwinger bleedingheart taxhappy illegalalienloving affirmativaction humanrightsdrunk sort of way. I'm kind of feeling bad that I put that in there. But not bad enough to erase it, at least not right now. Maybe I'll come back later and take it out...)

mcollinstn 03-23-2003 08:47 AM

And oh yeah,

It's not okay for Charlie Daniels to write logical, easy-to-follow (and sometimes overly enthusiastic) dissertations on exactly why the leftleaning outspoken are so obviously misguided because he did not carry belts of M-50 ammo thru the jungle and smoke pot in a foxhole

BUT

It's okay for George Clooney to elaborate on why it is okay to allow Saddam Hussein to continue to assemble his war and terror machine because he had previously played a superhero in a movie (I thought he sucked as Batman, I liked Keaton much better).

Gee, that makes so much perfect sense.

Tinkerer 03-23-2003 09:36 AM

WELL SAID
OH---CAT you didn't answer my question about DASHLE

Steve 1 03-23-2003 09:45 AM

Tinker that's Das Hole the wimp

IceAngel 03-23-2003 09:53 AM

Tell me Cat, do you get lots of splinters from hugging so many trees? Is that why you are so cranky??? Sorry but I just had to ask.:D :eek:

Tinkerer 03-23-2003 10:27 AM

CAT--- No comments about DASHLE??????

mcollinstn 03-23-2003 09:59 PM

Cat, I deserved that.

But that doesn't make me wrong...

(and yes, I usually go by mookie)

Allan4 03-23-2003 10:25 PM

Cat, where was the leftist OUTRAGE when Suddam waskilling 1.5 million muslims in the last 20 years? What about the OUTRAGE at the apparent torture and execution of our troops in the last 24hours!!!! IS THAT A HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION!!!!!?????? WHERE IS THE RAINBOW PUSH COALITION!!!!???!!!???!!!!!

Political agenda bastards around the world look pretty stupid right about now.....again........