Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Seneca Lake Boaters (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/46099-seneca-lake-boaters.html)

Need-the-Speed 03-24-2003 12:58 AM

Seneca Lake Boaters

Just wanted to remind all (if any) Seneca Lake boaters using OSO.com that the first "official" SPBA meeting of the year is happening at Jerlando's Ristorante in Watkins Glen at 6:00 pm on Monday the 24th. All are invited.:) Jerlando's is located at the corner of 4th and Franklin st. in the center of town.

wwwTOPDJcom 03-24-2003 08:01 AM

how about us cayuga boaters?

EvilTwin 03-24-2003 08:08 AM

Need,

Would you know the dates for the Seneca Poker run this summer? I would like to attend this year. Last year I heard about it to late to register and I would like to get a jump it this year. Thanks.

TopDj,

Are you going to do the poker run this year?

Need-the-Speed 03-24-2003 08:09 AM

TopDJ
Feel free to come over. We should have a good turn out. We are looking for all the members we can find. If you need directions give me a yell at 607-535-4254 just ask for Bill. If you can't make it but still would be interested in a membership the cost is $40.00 for the year. Just email me your address and I'll get you on the newsletter list.

Need-the-Speed 03-24-2003 08:20 AM

Evil
I didn't attend the last ROPA meeting but I think they have a website. Rochester Offshore Powerboat Association is the orginazation that sponsors the event. It's called the BattleShip run. Last year they stop taking applications at 85 boats. If I can remeber correctly the cost of the run was about $100. It was well worth it. The little lady and myself partied are a$$ off until 5:00am on Friday night, just to be awakened by the rumble of some monster 40 footers about 8:00 am. It was one of those kind of mornings that you wish you hadn't had those last 8 beers and 10 shots.

P.S. Some guys have matching shirts, some have matching trucks, you and I will be the only ones with matching (identical) boats.

EvilTwin 03-24-2003 08:52 AM

Need,

That would be funny. So that would make yours the "Good Twin" (Evil Twin).:D I will be attending that one for sure. I would like to meet up with you and check out your beautiful boat!;)

wwwTOPDJcom 03-24-2003 09:18 AM

I might if no one minds me running a cruise speed of 40 :D

damn wedding is putting a strain on the boating upgrades.
I will have the corsa system and new EMI thunders
a new intake system and new prop ,
I do expect to see some gains cause the boat had the wrong prop
for this application "vented prop on stepped hull"
slip was 24 I hope to get it down to 12-13

C_Spray 03-24-2003 10:38 AM

If you guys have anything planned for August 30 - Sept. 5, let me know. I'll be at the Ramada Lakeside in Geneva. Trust me, you'll know the boat......

Strike 03-24-2003 10:52 AM

Any of you folks coming to the WNY Toys For Tots Run?

www.wnyfunrun.com

Need-the-Speed 03-25-2003 12:17 AM

Evil
I'll keep you informed about other events on the lake as well. E-mail me your address or phone number to [email protected].
First SPBA meeting went really well. You could see a nice variety of things to do on Seneca this year