Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I have turned over new leaf! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/46113-i-have-turned-over-new-leaf.html)

Shane 03-24-2003 08:43 AM

I have turned over new leaf!

Yes it is true! After looking inward for quite sometime, I have come to recognize that I am not always happy with who I am and who I have been. I will STILL be a REPUBLICAN (sorry cat, I did not say I am a convert) and I will still tell it like it is. I have NEVER sugar coated anything and will always call a spade a spade! However, over the last year or so I have noticed myself being very cynical and quite frankly at times obnoxious. I could go on and on about the trials and tribulations I have faced this passed year and even since being a child. Couldn't we all? Surely we can all find troubles that we have all faced that have caused us to do things we would not normally do. That is still no excuse! We must all accept and take responsibility for who we are and what we do. Regardless of any extenuating circumstances.

More importantly, I have realized that life is FAR to short to go through being cycnical or obnoxious. It does no one any good and only hurts others. Who gains from it? NO ONE! Do I view myself as a bad person? Certainly not. However, I have at times had lapses in judgement and with not intending to do so hurt others feelings. I don't want this to happen anymore. In fact I have hurt even my closest of friends at times. Here on OSO I have acted at times in a manner that is normally not my nature. And I do not like it! For those I have hurt or pissed off, I offer my apologies. I could have been a better person than I was at times.

With that being said...even though my post count will remain, here I am the NEW ME! The nice guy I used to be, the one always willing to help others, the one with the ever present positive attitude!:) :) :)

Ron P 03-24-2003 09:09 AM

In the 60s they called this "examining ones navel".

Your right Shane, life is too short to go through without a smile on your face.

Enjoy,

Ron

Iggy 03-24-2003 09:13 AM

Good for you Shane.
Looking inward and realizing what you've done or become is a tough thing to do. It's like stepping out of you body and seeing yourself as others see you. What a revelation.
It's even tougher admitting to it.
You're headed in the right direction. Just don't stray off course.

I did the same many years ago. I let stress and little things get to me. I became almost unbearable to be around.
Fortunately my wife and closest friends knew it wasn't the way I really am. Although it did cost me a friendships along the way.
But that's all changed. I did a complete 180. Best thing I ever did.

lucy 03-24-2003 09:18 AM

life is tough for you mortals.

Chris288 03-24-2003 09:19 AM

I was " OFFENDED " LOL...

Shane thought he was too good for the rest of us when he went over to chelsea piers by himself during the NYC race last year. while the rest of us were at liberty landing.. Shame shame... :p :p :D :D ;) ;)

Shane 03-24-2003 09:21 AM

Originally posted by Chris232
I was " OFFENDED " LOL...

Shane thought he was too good for the rest of us when he went over to chelsea piers by himself during the NYC race last year. while the rest of us were at liberty landing.. Shame shame... :p :p :D :D ;) ;)

DOH!:eek:

Shane 03-24-2003 09:29 AM

Thanks everyone! I hope a lot of OSO'ers read this.

lucy 03-24-2003 09:47 AM

life is tough for you mortals.

Shane 03-24-2003 10:06 AM

Originally posted by Troutly
Does this mean you are getting rid of the eggbeaters and going with real engines!? :D
Absolutely NOT!:D :D I can't afford a 32 Skater with BIG BLOCKS!:( :(

C_Spray 03-24-2003 10:25 AM

Shane: Glad to hear it! I always thought you were an a$$hole, but I was too polite to say so. Now you can feel the same way about me! :eek: