Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sarasota Poker Run, Great turn out! >

Sarasota Poker Run, Great turn out!

Notices

Sarasota Poker Run, Great turn out!

Old 03-23-2003, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sarasota Poker Run, Great turn out!

Just got home from the Sarasota run. It was a great turn out. I don't think I've been to any other run with as many 100MPH+ boats. 3 Turbines, About 7 Outerlimits, over 20 Cats plus many other beautiful boats. The weather was not so great, overcast, light rain and wind made the ocean was very choppy. At least 8 boats broke before getting to the first card stop. I had the absolute best time, What a great bunch of people! Everyone is so nice and so willing to help each other. If you've never been to a Poker Runs America Poker run I suggest you try one. You'll be hooked like i am.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had completely forgotten the PRA was this weekend. We wanted to go down and check out the scene. We went last year and had never seen such an awesome display of hardware. We remember seeing your boat there last year. Were you the one that had gotten some bad fuel or something?

Did they run the same course as last year?
Old 03-23-2003, 09:39 PM
Registered

Great Run, check out the OSO Photos section and feel free to add more.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default great run!

Wow what a run. Let me give you guys a little picture.........20 miles into the run the big Cats 40+, Big cigs and OL's had taken advatage of their size and weight ans moved their way to the front. The seas were 2-3 and sloppy with the occasional 4 ft HOLE!

After fighting my way to the front of the 2nd wave (my co-pilot comented I was like a 16 year old looking for a drag race I came upon our friend Lube with his beautiful crew. My crew was an ugly bunch, unshaven, hungover and a little hesitant. After smacking around the slower deep V's we went for a little heads up competition. Just imagine 2 "supercat lite" setups shreading 92-94 mph in 2-3's (real 2-3's) Unbelievable!! first Lube Jobs would hook up and start to pull ahead then Maximus finds some traction and pours the heat on...Lubes racing exp shines through and he lays the boat out fast and straight , Maximus gets his trim right and feels the acceleration ... back and forth for 10 miles arms tired from gripping the steering and throttling Maximus finds his hole and heads skyward. (poopy pants!).. Lube and I decided to call it quits and cruise for a little while... what a run! The rest of the day was smooth sailing with with some incredible boats.

Amazing note: I think 50% of the boats at the run did over a hundred! Great people good time! Look for to seeng you guys at the next run.

Maximus

Last edited by Maximus; 03-24-2003 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-24-2003, 01:20 PM
Registered

Had a great time, great seeing everyone again, even Randy and MA! Great job by Larry and his crew..first class all the way!
Old 03-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

It was GREAT !!!!!!!!!
It was nice to see a lot of OSO members.
PokerFace like always it was great working with you and thanks for donating money to the United Way Charity and for providing rides to the children in the PokerRun.com boat.
The Taylor family and their staff did a great job again and made sure we all had a good time.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Registered

Doc,
Thanks for the kind words.....but you were the GM Humanitarian Award Winner! Stopping to help FIVE boats along the way, and helping the Real Little People the day before! We are going to have some fun this year...see you on our next stop in Fort Myers! Barkley