Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
NY poker run ,where is a boat ramp? >

NY poker run ,where is a boat ramp?

Notices

NY poker run ,where is a boat ramp?

Old 03-26-2003, 07:15 AM
hauling ass-a

Thumbs down NY poker run ,where is a boat ramp?

I plan on attending but don't know where to put the boat in? Called liberty landing and the girl on the phone said she didn't know if there was a ramp close by. Alot of help she was.

Old 03-26-2003, 07:32 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Call The National Powerboat Association at 203-532-1312
They should know they organize the thing
Old 03-26-2003, 07:45 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe there is a boat ramp at the other south side of Liberty Landing Park (marina is on north side)... Some of the race boats would be put in over there but check, I think you may need to get a pass to launch the boat...
Old 03-26-2003, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes there is in fact a ramp about 1 miles from the marina area to the south on the other side of the park. You do need a pass and they are purchased near the ramp at the park ranger station. The ramp is good but parking is limited. You should either launch early and park at the ramp or have someone drive your truck and trailer back to the ramp. I have used it multiple times.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:35 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

We used that ramp, nice. We took the truck and trailer back to the marina. We didn't have a pass though. Nice ride back to the marina. You pass the Statue of Liberty and get to dodge those ferry boats and launch off of their wakes
Old 03-26-2003, 10:50 AM
Registered

Hauling....
Use the ramp at Liberty State Park.....pay the ranger if it helps you sleep at night....been six years and always paid ranger, but know others who didn't. But don't park at the ramp, just get someone to drive the boat or rig back. Only about a mile, and you never leave the park. GREAT run...great party, great venue.
Old 03-26-2003, 11:12 AM
Registered

Only thing bad about the ramp in Liberty State Park is low tide. You can only get the trailer so far back before the wheels hit the curb in the water.
During low tide , the trailer cant get far enough in the water and there is no way to get your boat on. So make sure you check the tide schedule or youll be sitting at the ramp for a while before the tides comes back in. Just some advice based on our experience last year after the races.
Old 03-26-2003, 11:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What are you're plans for that weekend? Just the Poker Run? Weekend Trip? May want to launch in NJ.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:26 PM
Registered

You can also drop in up the hudson a bit, about a 30min rip down to all the action...patsy's bay marina in havastaw or on the other side of the tappan zee bridge there are a few.. if you go to google and search "new york marinas" you'll get to a website that has a complete listing and all of the facilities that each offers.
Old 03-26-2003, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

GET THE PASS! I GOT A TICKET WHILE THE TRUCK & TRAILER WERE PARKED DURING THE EVENT.

Quick Reply: NY poker run ,where is a boat ramp?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.