If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Boats:
    20 Donzi Minx, 18 Donzi Classic
    Darien, CT
    "...the future my friend is grass...i got 60 ton of thai stick coming in next week..."

Completely Nationwide
    Real Estate.

My Boats:
    Stray Cat Statement Marine
    USR, NJ
    Im buying a Bar that will have plenty of hookers. Ill turn my head while Sean sells weed to the stockbrokers who will reinvest my profits for me.

Stocks and realestate.

Hopefully Ill be able to break even with all my pending legal fee's.

Annapolis/Baltimore, MD
    Use the money to buy a fast boat and bring illegal immigrants into the country from the Bahamas at $5K a head!

But seriously, buy Worldcom stock!!!

My Boats:
    1996 Wellcraft Scarab Sport & 1990 Donzi GT210
    Clearwater, Florida
    I have $$ in real estate and equities. I think right now real estate is a more reliable investment. I would like to pick up some more now. If you don't mind siiting on paper for a while, there are some great bargains in the market. I am young enough (35) that I can put some $ in and leave it for a while to come back. If you are the type of person that would watch it continuously, stay away for now.

Floridian, any of your quads near the campus? I had a rental in Ocala. I wish I would have kept it. I am looking into either vacant lots to develope over time or some fixer uppers for rentals. Cann't decide which. I agree about the rentals though. People do need a place to hang there hat at the end of the day.

Real Estate

You either buy a dump and rent it for the price of a palace (monthly cash flow return) or you buy a good bread and butter type home (at least 3 bedrooms, ranch style - or whatever is most desirable to middle classers in your area) and break even every month and get your return in long-term equity. Or buy pieces of sh!t and slap some paint on the walls and resell them to people with no cash, no job and living on the gov't with some form of seller financing at sky high interest rates.

Truth is, there is lot of sound investments out there for you. If you choose real estate there are many ways to make money - short-term, long-term, high risk, low risk, rentals, fixer-uppers, land contracts, and my favorite - being a slum lord.

Good luck,

Diversify....what ever you decide to do....make sure you diversify. Go with something low risk and something a little more aggressive etc.....Although 100k sounds like alot of doe, it gets chomped up rather quickly if you break it down....

My suggestion would be real estate and some sort of individial equity/mutual fund combo. But there are literally 100's of ways to invest, just find what you like and are comfortable with and........diversify!!

Good luck.

My Boats:
    93Avanti 27' 502
    Gainesville Fl.
    floridia gator they are about one mile of campus.Three have students and one has newly weds with child. BTJ88 I use to do the lower middle homes the ones you can buy around here for fourty to sixty and I have now switched to upper middle class over one hundred because there is just to many problems trying to get them to qualify for the loans also the goverment has gotten smarter about the homes they lost on.Before you could pick up a VA of a FHA forcloser for fourty paint it and sell it for sixty.No more of that stuff they want to see some cash put back into them now before they shell out the big bucks on the houses they just lost three months before.I would put anywhere from eight to ten thousand back into them and never had a problem with them appraising.If I could make ten thousand I was allright with that as I had very little time into them just cash.On the house rentals I have I would not have bought them if the numbers don't must run at least a three hundred positive a month or walk away.There will allways be five more for sale next week.Tantrum you could allways loan me the money as I will pay a fair % and backed it with real estate.

My Boats:
    2001 Superboat Y2K
    N. NJ, Eastern LI
    $100,000?? Are you holding out on me??

The market is low right now and some good buys waiting. But the old question is, what to buy. Sometimes a crap shoot. I did very well when the market skyrocketed, but like everyone else I am right back were I started. Very frustrating and nerve racking to watch the market.

I've said before I would love to get into realestate but you know how expensive, saturated, and competetive it is around here.

A small to medium size bar/restaurant would be nice, in the right location, but then your married to it 24/7, 7 days a week. No time off.

So to answer your question, I have no idea!
    Last edited by Pure Energy; 03-27-2003 at 07:25 PM.

AKA "BAZOOKA JOE" Platinum Member bojoe2's Avatar
    cf i would buy a gas co. oh forgot done that so 2nd choice waters edge and fight the locals reopen it and good food beers a band a redo the docks 100k should bring 400k '''

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast