If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB
    Steve, things are fine here. Newly engaged, and trying to buy some land to build a long home. How are things by you? I am waiting new axles and brakes for the trailer. I should have them all installed in two weeks or so, as well as commision the boat to splash at the same time.

st. clair shores mi ,us
    Don't know if this will help anyone but if you have an older set of Goodyear's it might be worth a call. Apparently there was a "silent recall" some time ago on these. I read this on a trailering forum:

Goodyear will adjust the old type Marathon, Load Range "D", ST 225 R75/15. The old tire does not have a circled "S" after the word radial on the sidewall. The new tire does. In many cases they will replace the old tire at no cost, or maybe a small fee for mounting an balancing, it depends on tire wear. If you have the old type ST 225 R75/15, Load Range "D", call Goodyear @ 800-321-2136. They will direct you to your local dealer. They replaced one tire for me and five for a buddy of mine, no questions ask. It cost me nothing and my buddy paid $40.00. Goodyear advised me that the ST 225 R75/15 Load Range D was the only tire that was affected.
    Last edited by 26scarab; 03-27-2003 at 04:48 PM.

Charter Member #1171 Charter Member obnoxus's Avatar
    My Boats:
    New Lenox , Il
    Carlisle bad,,,, Marathon good !!!!!!!!!

Had 2 Carlisle blow on a long trip to the Ozarks,,,, Yes, they were inflated properly, yes they were correct for the boat and trailer,,,, factory stock on an Eagle trailer. 2 years old to.

The other 2 did not blow, but you could see the bubbles in the tread,, they looked like they were delaminating from the belts.

A buddy called up who had the same problem and they said they had a bad run of tires,,, maybe,, maybe not not worth the chance to me.

My Boats:
    86 36' Mirage
    Millsboro, DE
    I've been told radias don't have as rigid a sidewall as non-radial so more of a tendancy to swerve. Could be a bunch of BS, or outdated info. I have triple axle with radials, pulls great.

My Boats:
    Formula 292-Sold! :(
    Southwest, FL
    Believe it or not, right now the tires are OEM and the trailer is 12 years old and passed a MD state inspection only a year ago?!?!?!
    The tread is real good still but the sidewalls are showing "cracks".
    The tires are BFG CLM ST's with RWL, they look great too. I just can't seem to find them anywhere new otherwise I'd buy them again!! My local dealer is pricing up some Carlisle's radial and bias...

Is Mitch still on this board?? He works for a tire wholesaler out in the Midwest...

I've had real good luck with Carlisles.

My Boats:
    2017 30 Concept, 300 Verados, Superboat Y2k and 24OS (sold)
    LaPlata, MD, USA
    Hey Formula1, I haven't seen you post much lately. I just bought Goodyears Marathons from the tire rack. The had the best prices, shipped to my door. My trailer came with Carlise's and they didn't seem to hold up well. They were only a couple of years old.

The tires+shipping+mounting were still cheaper than my local Goodyear place? I don't get it. I called around to many places in the area and they almost sounded like they didn't want to be bothered with trailer tires.
    Last edited by Dave M; 03-27-2003 at 10:02 PM.

My Boats:
    Ky. Lake
    Steve, Whats Up??? There is only One reason that you should buy a Bias Tire,,,,,,, Thats if you can't afford a Radial!!!!!!!
    As everyone has said, correct air presure and load rating, is vital in the life of a Tire. HEAT build-up is the major cause of Tire Failure, mostly due to overloading or improper inflation.......
    We carry the General and Goodyear Trl. Tires. I didnt see what size you need, so I'll list a few..

Goodyear Marathons
    205/75R14-$66.00 White Letter
    205/75R14-$57.00 Black
    21575R14-$67.00 White Letter
    215/75R14-$59.00 Black

If I can help, feel free to call, If nothing else, use those Prices to keep your Local Dealer,Honest!!!!!!!
    1-800-231-2295 ext129

My Boats:
    40 Fountain Lightning
    I've never had any luck with Marathons or Carlisle's. In my oppinion, they are meant for the guy who trailers locally. I have gone to Light Truck tires now and have not had any problems.
    BTW- As for the recall on the Marathons, make sure you have the circled S, I had more then 6 blowouts in 97-98 pulling my race boat around the country. Yes they replaced them, but a little too late.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12