Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How do gas prices affect your boating? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/46424-how-do-gas-prices-affect-your-boating.html)

CigDaze 03-28-2003 12:22 PM

:eek: :eek:
Wow, 6 bucks! That's gonna leave a mark...

madbouyz 03-28-2003 01:00 PM

That's one of the reasons I had to figure out the 'rich burn' situation of the 502 MPI !Also a few other "affects"come to mind..
Like making sure the engine is always in top tune,the bottom is kept spotless (props too ),boat stays on a diet,you pick your course very carefully and you make sure that conditions are good enough that you will enjoy your day on the water.Also go if you are really in need of a mental boost ...this :mad: and this.. :( become this :woohoo:

CigDaze 03-28-2003 01:05 PM

I can only imagine. Must be tough.

On average that's about 4X what I'd be paying. It would really cut into my boating time, I'm sure. I usually put about 100 hours on the boat in a season, going out 2-3 times a week. Forget that.
Anyway, I'm sure your motors are about as efficient as you can get. :cool:

Sea Ya 03-28-2003 01:27 PM

Down grade to Old Milwalkee so I can maintain WOT.

madbouyz 03-28-2003 01:33 PM

Whenever the topic of gas prices comes up,nearly everyone here will say that they would willingly pay whatever the highest rates in U.S. are ...$2.39 gal + ? ?
Nonetheless it does'nt make the situation any more palateable for you guys... what pisses me off is that it's not a situation where everyone here earns $150 grand a year and does'nt give a chit and can afford it :hothead:

Horseplay 03-28-2003 01:46 PM

All in all, gas is probably the cheapest part of high performance boating.

Gassticks 03-28-2003 02:21 PM

I'll spend a $120.00 on gas a weekend. and about $30.00 on boat soda's . It's all good !!!!. My stress level drops 20 points . till the next weekend and I do it all over again.

OBNOXUS21 03-28-2003 03:01 PM

I usually spend at least $200 on gas, but this summer I'll be right next to PC so things will be cheaper.
About the beer..... I always buy the two or 30 packs.

Oops I think I meant boat soda ;)

WOT going to PC and not when leaving ! It can get pretty hairy with all the boats leaving at once, so I like to be careful and let the "other" crazies floor it after drinking all day in the sun :) :) :)

mr_velocity 03-28-2003 03:30 PM

We don't stop and party so I'll spend $600 on a weekend in gas.

Taking the cover off the jet boat this weekend, great to have a "cheap" option.

29 OUTLAW 03-28-2003 03:31 PM

I would remain unaffected up to about $2.50 - $2.75 a gallon. Lucily we've never seen it that high where I'm at. Plus I keep mine on a trailer so I can buy at lower priced gas stations vs. marinas.