Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best cure for hangovers (besides another beer) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/46599-best-cure-hangovers-besides-another-beer.html)

Formula Outlaw 01-30-2005 10:11 AM

Re: Best cure for hangovers (besides another beer)

Back in my "professional" drinking days:

Drink at least four large glasses of water before the first drink. Drink one large glass of water after every two drinks.

Drink four large glasses of water and four asprin before "falling over".....:drink:

Have jug of water bedside and if you wake up, chug chug chug.

Chug more water when you "come to".

That usually made the next day bearable in the beginning, then eat something, a bacon egg and cheese sandwich was perfect, and usually within two hours I was pretty well back.

Haven't had a hangover now since 96'. I do not miss them. Worst one I ever had was on wine. Took three days to get over that one. Never touched wine again. EVER. :drink:

DollaBill 01-31-2005 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Rippem
before I became a lightwieght, 2 traditional alka-seltzers and a teaspoon of salt in a highball glass. This is especially effective if done @ the "early wake-up" then crash again for a couple hours. Simple, effective, easy to get your hands on.

You'll have a much better head/ clear sinuses when you do get up for the day, and feel much more like tolerating copious amounts of good fluids.

Happy B-Day Bill. :drink:

Thanks. These bdays are getting depressing.

fund razor 01-31-2005 08:06 AM

Orange flavored Powerade.

Drink over ice while you are soaking in the tub.

Follow this with breakfast.

39NAS-T 01-31-2005 10:51 AM

Lots of water is a must but I also have a glass of milk which has seemed to help the people i have told. I dont get hangovers because of the massive amounts of ADHD that I have it seems to burn it up like race gas in a pair of Sterling 1550's. ADHD all the way baby.
Hunter

LEOPAJM 01-31-2005 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Ok. I'm strugglin. What is your best, quickest, tastiest cure for the day after solving the worlds problems? (Besides drinking another beer)

Ummm ... getting a hummer and a big glass of H2O usually does the trick !!! :drink:

DoTheMath 01-31-2005 11:43 AM

Lots of H2O the night before and a couple / few Advil before bed.

Next morning, a Diet Coke washed down with two-three eggs over easy, 1/2 doz pieces of bacon, a couple pancakes - to absorb the rest of the booze, a big glass of water, a hummer and a quick nap in the sun - in that order :p

hugetime1 01-31-2005 11:58 AM

I have the best cure, bar none!!!!!!

people always wonder how I can drink so much and still function the next day.

to fully undersand why this works you have to understand what happens at the cellular level when you drink. what happens is a thirst is created but it's not like a normal thirst. with a normal thirst, water is removed from the cell and when you drink water it quickly replenishes the cell . with an alcohol induced thurst the sodium is removed from the cell, so when you drink water in the morning you still feel thursty because there is no sodium in the cell to draw water back into it.
So what you need to do is mabe once throughout a night of drinking order a glass of water, fill it with regular table salt and choke it down, and then before you go to bed, drink like 4 big glasses of salt water, and I emphisizes, alot of salt, and alot of water. because if you get the cells rehydrating while you are sleeping, you will feel fine in the morning!

CigDaze 01-31-2005 12:12 PM

Jason's got it. You have to have salt to rehydrate.

Look at Gatorade/Powerade/(insert generic sports drink name her).....The magic ingredient = salt.

Also, take a reginemt of B-Vitamins and potasium. You'll be cured in no time.

fund razor 01-31-2005 12:18 PM

I used to like "All Sport."

It didn't have quite as much salt. But it had carbs. That got the system going, because when you add simple sugars, the (normal) body reacts with insulin. This in turn makes you hungry. Once you have an appetite you are home free.

After you have food in you.... pop a couple NSAIDs like nuprin.

I have a quart bottle of Powerade in my fridge. just in case. :D

DollaBill 01-31-2005 01:00 PM

Can you just snort the salt???