Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best cure for hangovers (besides another beer) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/46599-best-cure-hangovers-besides-another-beer.html)

TEAMBAJA 03-30-2003 07:45 PM

Damn, there are some professional DRINKERS here!

Just go to SUBWAY, get a footlong meatball sub and drink lots of water. Laying around just prolongs it, you gotta get moving!

Kanookstr 03-30-2003 07:51 PM

"People who don't drink... When they wake up in the morning... It's the best there going to feel all day."

Frank Sinatra

wwwTOPDJcom 03-30-2003 09:20 PM

Originally posted by AMBUSHER
Man ya'll need to have a good AA meeting:p

THAT DONT WORK ALL I DID IS MAKE NEW DRINKEN BUDDIES
:D :D :D

glassdave 03-30-2003 09:36 PM

a good high quality multi vitamin an a bunch of water or gatoraide the night before works every time. sometimes i will throw in a few advils if i think its gonna be a big one :rolleyes: but im not much for over the counter meds. rather use homeopathic stuff. i will hafta try the oxygen thing though. :cool:

an this is an area i have put alot of research into :D :D

mcollinstn 03-30-2003 09:40 PM

AA is for those who WANT to quit.
All we're looking for here is a hangover remedy...

As has been mentioned, Tylenol (acetominophen) and alcohol are hard on the liver. More specifically, the combination is actually a liver POISON. Even small amounts of alcohol in the blood react aggressively with acetominophen. I got the bloodwork result sheets to prove it (along with a little scar on my ribcage where they stuck a 6" long tube into my liver for a sample).

Aspirin (most effective), or Advil (ibuprofen) are NOT a liver poison in the presence of alcohol.

With this in mind, before packing it in after a hard night, it is extremely helpful to take 2 or 3 aspirin or advil along with 2 or 3 full glasses of water. Keep some water by the bed so you can drink more if you wake during the night.

In the morning, take 2 more and drink water. As soon as you can, get some fat in your belly (as was mentioned, a Big Mac works well, or a fried egg and cheese sandwich with mayonnaise).

Gatorade or Pedialyte is not as good as straight water unless you have been throwing up. Throwing up purges you of electrolytes that Gatorade will replace. Simply being drunk does not upset the electrolyte balance, it just sucks a bunch of water from all of the cells in your body. Good old tap water will work to replace it.

Happy drinking.

thisistank 03-30-2003 09:49 PM

Next time, wake up about 3 hours before you are actually going to wake up and take 2 advils and 2 dramameans. Works like a charm every time!!

thisistank 03-30-2003 09:51 PM

Originally posted by AMBUSHER
Man ya'll need to have a good AA meeting:p
by the way.....No one likes a quiter!!:D :D :D

OBNOXUS21 03-30-2003 10:56 PM

So are you guys like investors in these pharmaceutical companies or what? ;)

Agreed........being active like working out helps a lot. I am actually fortunate enough not to be cursed with the hangover virus. Only when I have lots of the hard stuff does it hurt. For that cure I have a day of sleeping followed by a shower with that girl in my bed :) :) :)
But only if I didn't piss her off the night before ;)

THRILLSEEKER 03-30-2003 11:15 PM

yeah you guys can say (stay active) but face it a nap on the couch or in the stabbin cabin feels so much better;) :crazy:

HOUSTONPROP 03-30-2003 11:30 PM

hangover

TRY DIET COKE /PIZZA/CHIPS AND AFTER TEN YEARS OF THIS, GIVE UP DRINKING/ I DID AND IT WORKS GREAT.;)