Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain length (cheated or not) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/46775-fountain-length-cheated-not.html)

GO4BROKE 04-02-2003 07:01 AM

LOL! You should be a Fountian dealer Troutly!

CigDaze 04-02-2003 07:39 AM

There's some good discussion here.

:cool:

later 04-02-2003 07:57 AM

couple feet here couple feet there, its all about styling, bottom line take a ride you like buy, you don't like move on, but don't be mad when that little 33/35, 36/38, 40/42 goes around you on the water, and don't ***** and make excuses how its an unfair advantage, there are numerous boats out there with similar characteristics. My 42 or 40 or 39 or what ever you want to call it, rides and handles as good as and way better than a lot of similar sized boats 36-43
later

bobby daniels 04-02-2003 08:08 AM

WORRIED ?

Yep here we go again another guy who can't stand for someone else to have anything that is longer than his ???
I mean this thing has been beat to death !!! no pun intended :D :D

he's just upset he couldn't buy a skater !!!:D
Lets don't get to wetted surface and swim platforms and beaks ect. its not worth it who really cares Just someone with like I said above !
Reggie most likly measures his,and his boats like a cats tail from a-- hole to tip :D :D :D

Mike J 04-02-2003 09:20 AM

Fever Mike

I remember the good old days
when Fountians didn"t have
BEAKS :)
Mike im glad your still around
to remember also.
Mike J.

SummerObsession 04-02-2003 11:22 AM

Byron: The original title of your post was "fountain length-cheated or not?".
I don't know much about fountains, never had on sitting beside this boat or that...etc.
However, IF you were buying a 35' boat, and all 35s were priced by the foot, and IF you got home and measured your fountain that measured less than 35' then, yes, you would have been cheated, In my opinion.
The problem is, none of the above conditions are true. As far as I know, no manufacturer prices by the foot. Buy what you like, if it is shorter than what you thought, price it accordingly.

Sonic30ss 04-02-2003 12:50 PM

I agree with Mike, fix up a drink, pop some corn, 'cuz here go the fireworks :)

OBNOXUS21 04-02-2003 01:25 PM

A 38' Fountain and a 30' Spectre..........................
who's to complain ;)

Hustler 26 04-02-2003 02:37 PM

:confused: Yea but what about racing. Doesn't this length difference give Fountain an advantage:confused:

Lake Front 04-02-2003 02:47 PM

Maybe the "cheated" factor comes down to Reggie's advertisement that went something like the best value per foot per top speed. The value decreases in the dollar per foot calculation if you go by actually length. Truth in advertisement!

Regardless of the advertisement or actual length, Buy what you like and can afford.