Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT - Zero turn mowers??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/46801-ot-zero-turn-mowers.html)

Allan4 04-03-2003 09:49 PM

Hey Dog, ever notice how Gator Blades do not stripe as well. Not as much air lift created by the blade. I thought that was pretty wild when I first noticed it. I ran into the same problem over here. People had a hard time coughing up the $$. Alot of my commercial stuff was in other parts of town....even KY and IN.

You are correct, those Scag walk behinds really stripe awesome. Best I have seen. I did though have a 36 Snapper Hydro (to get into back yards with fence gates) and it striped better than any of the riders or bigger walk behinds I had. Truck mudflap......that's terrible....HeHeHe........!!

Wild, one thing to keep in ind (like said above) these things have only 1 purpose. The other thing they are good for however is for moving trailers. Just weld a reciever on the back...or front. But if you have a 3pt hitch on a tractor that is just as good, infact, quicker.

Wildfire 04-04-2003 06:40 AM

I picked up an '02 Grasshopper 225 (25hp, 61" midmount deck)yesterday. It was a trade-in on a bigger unit. Best part is it only has 95 hours on it.

It seems like a lot of money to do just one thing, but I got a lot of that one thing to do, so it makes sense (not really, but what the heck). Pics will be posted!

Dock Holiday 04-04-2003 09:54 AM

Wildfire,

Nice choice, you will love it. I know a guy in the business that uses the grasshopper and they are top knotch also.

Allan4,

You are right about the blades, they will not stripe.

Budman 04-04-2003 09:57 AM

Gator blades not striping...

What if you double them up with a set of hi-lifts?

kr1276 04-04-2003 10:04 AM

I am a Gravely and Toro Dealer on the west coast of Florida. Both make very good zero turn mowers for many different applications. We work on all the others and get a chance to see them all. There are lots of good products out there. The support is most important in making your purchase.

Wildfire 04-04-2003 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Check it out! I'm charging my buddies $10/hour to ride it!

birdog 04-04-2003 06:37 PM

Toro bought X-mark for the LazerZ...Toro deck...
We still have 1 Gravely walk behind...That things a tank !!!

I have 5-6 sets of Gator blades if anyone wants them..They Suck.
They slow the blade speed down...

LapseofReason 04-04-2003 06:55 PM

72 inch x mark lazer

Rick252 05-29-2003 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here'a a sweet little workhorse. 1974 Cub LoBoy 6 ft mower deck

BTJ88 05-29-2003 07:08 AM

Striping

If you really want to stripe your lawn you need to have a roller. Mud flaps, chains, air flow, tire tracks, etc. only look like stripes and only last for a short time. Use a roller and you have a very distinctive pattern that last for several days or more - until you cut again. For residential use try a Simplicity - they have several models with deck mounted rollers.

Also, check out the book "Picture Perfect" (I think thats the name) by ????? Mellor (can't remember first name but I think it's David). It has a lot of great information on lawn striping.