If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hey Dog, ever notice how Gator Blades do not stripe as well. Not as much air lift created by the blade. I thought that was pretty wild when I first noticed it. I ran into the same problem over here. People had a hard time coughing up the $$. Alot of my commercial stuff was in other parts of town....even KY and IN.

You are correct, those Scag walk behinds really stripe awesome. Best I have seen. I did though have a 36 Snapper Hydro (to get into back yards with fence gates) and it striped better than any of the riders or bigger walk behinds I had. Truck mudflap......that's terrible....HeHeHe........!!

Wild, one thing to keep in ind (like said above) these things have only 1 purpose. The other thing they are good for however is for moving trailers. Just weld a reciever on the back...or front. But if you have a 3pt hitch on a tractor that is just as good, infact, quicker.

I picked up an '02 Grasshopper 225 (25hp, 61" midmount deck)yesterday. It was a trade-in on a bigger unit. Best part is it only has 95 hours on it.

It seems like a lot of money to do just one thing, but I got a lot of that one thing to do, so it makes sense (not really, but what the heck). Pics will be posted!

Charter Member #34 Charter Member Dock Holiday's Avatar
    Beautiful North Carolina

Nice choice, you will love it. I know a guy in the business that uses the grasshopper and they are top knotch also.

You are right about the blades, they will not stripe.

My Boats:
    Hot rods, Hot boats, Beer & more Beer
    Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!

Gator blades not striping...

What if you double them up with a set of hi-lifts?

My Boats:
    Baja 442
    I am a Gravely and Toro Dealer on the west coast of Florida. Both make very good zero turn mowers for many different applications. We work on all the others and get a chance to see them all. There are lots of good products out there. The support is most important in making your purchase.

Check it out! I'm charging my buddies $10/hour to ride it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Boats:
    Top Gun
    Batavia Oh.
    Toro bought X-mark for the LazerZ...Toro deck...
    We still have 1 Gravely walk behind...That things a tank !!!

I have 5-6 sets of Gator blades if anyone wants them..They Suck.
    They slow the blade speed down...

My Boats:
    98 NORTECH 5000V
    Stafford Va.
    72 inch x mark lazer

Here'a a sweet little workhorse. 1974 Cub LoBoy 6 ft mower deck
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you really want to stripe your lawn you need to have a roller. Mud flaps, chains, air flow, tire tracks, etc. only look like stripes and only last for a short time. Use a roller and you have a very distinctive pattern that last for several days or more - until you cut again. For residential use try a Simplicity - they have several models with deck mounted rollers.

Also, check out the book "Picture Perfect" (I think thats the name) by ????? Mellor (can't remember first name but I think it's David). It has a lot of great information on lawn striping.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast