Notices

Destin Recommendations

Old 04-01-2003, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Destin Recommendations

We're tired of waiting for Summer, so we're driving till we find it!

Pulling to boat to Okaloosa Island for Spring Break (4/12 - 4/18). It will be our first time boating there and I'd like any helpful info to make our vacation more enjoyable. I'm leaving the boat at Leeside Marina. What are the Must See, Don't Bother, Watch Out For details. I hear Crab Island is a blast

It's our first time boating "Offshore"
Old 04-01-2003, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally have never been there but Destin was one of the top choices of Powerboat Mag. this month for boating destinations. There is a little info in the article.
Dean
Old 04-01-2003, 04:28 PM
Registered

Destin is a great place to boat. My parents retires down their a few years ago, so lucky me has aplace to go all summer long. Crab Island is awesome. Their are lots of great restaurants that you can go to by boat and the beach is really nice also. I will be going down Easter weekend if you want to hook up for a few cold ones. Oh yeah, Heres a pic the weekend I got my boat taken at crab island: Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Destin Recommendations-powerquest1.jpg  
Old 04-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Registered

Freq, PM if you want all the answers to Destin
Old 04-01-2003, 08:10 PM
Registered

Talking

Destin is were the picture in my avator was taken! I bought my boat there a little over a year ago and have not been back, but I am going to some time. Eat at AJ's for lunch one day and get the fried crab claws they were great.
Attached Thumbnails Destin Recommendations-aj-s-beach.jpg  
Old 04-02-2003, 06:37 PM
Registered

Be extra careful to follow all boating rules. There are Water Cops on jet skis all over the place. Also, you'll find the dolphins just off the beach are human-friendly. It's tempting to throw them a little snack but don't do it. There's a substantial fine for feeding them.
If you'll kill the engine and slide slowly into the water you can often get face to face with one of them. They love to look at people underwater.

Have a fun trip. Use your sunscreen.

Doc
Old 04-02-2003, 06:50 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

AJ's... Harbour Dock...Back Porch..go to the Leeside Inn just before Ft walton bridge coming from Destin in the ditch( great tiki bar, you can beach the boat there with good music at night and a agua-trash[ that's good] type of crowd) Just run the ditch or my favorite, the ocean east or west for 60 miles..just great great great!!
Old 04-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the best fishing areas around I think for Cobia in the spring. Try High Cotton great action out there!
Old 04-03-2003, 12:56 PM
searace

If you need a marina in Destin, I reccommend Legendary Marina/ Mid bay fountain (850)337-8300. Ralph martin is service...

Old 04-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Registered

Eat at AJ's for lunch one day and get the fried crab claws they were great
Man you got that right....that is one of my favorite places to eat when I'm in Destin, they have some good Po Boys as well. Another place is Louisianna Lagnappe (sp)

Quick Reply: Destin Recommendations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.