Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   need some motivation..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47093-need-some-motivation.html)

Miller 04-06-2003 11:24 AM

Well, you could buy a smaller boat, say a used 38-32 cat with outboards or 500s and run around in that while the Commanche is being put back together. That way, you can enjoy boating and still have the project moving forward. If you pick the right second boat, you can probably sell it again in the fall for about what you paid and basically run it all season for the cost of liquids and maintenance.

cuda 04-06-2003 11:40 AM

Buy a smaller spare boat to run while you work on the other one. You always have to have a spare boat, I guess that's why I have eight of them.:rolleyes:

SLINGSHOT 04-06-2003 04:06 PM

a second boat seems to be the answer, i was looking for a 200 25 outlaw or a 28 skater something between 40-65k

SLINGSHOT 04-06-2003 04:06 PM

Originally posted by Jesse James
I would definatly finish the commanche...I was on a poker run with that boat and watched montanno and garcia chase down a 40 skater in smooth water. I was hooked........Then about 3 hors later i was running mid 70's in 8-10's and they blew by me so hard i had to look at the tach's to see if the motors were still running:D

Buy a 30 AMT for a in between it will give all the thrill can run in anykind of water and should hold its money the best.

god dam!!!

SLINGSHOT 04-06-2003 04:36 PM

Originally posted by AMBUSHER
What are you having done to it? the hull that is.

some glass work on the transom, building it up and filling it in so it is smooth with no rubrail. adding some fuel tanks in the engine room(replacing bladder in cabin), filling in all holes in bilge to prepare for re rig. also Re paint entire boat

SLINGSHOT 04-06-2003 05:03 PM

Originally posted by AMBUSHER
You have a hell of a project in front of you. If you need any parts let me know. I Have a bunch of stuff for #6's.
thanks, drives are in good shape as far as i know, once they get torn down(rebuild and powdercoat) i will let you know

bajabob38 04-06-2003 07:29 PM

Just get the ****ing boat done you jack ass... :D Just kidding Mike

SLINGSHOT 04-06-2003 09:18 PM

Originally posted by bajabob38
Just get the ****ing boat done you jack ass... :D Just kidding Mike
you ever boat with a fan up yer ass?:D

SLINGSHOT 04-06-2003 09:19 PM

in all reality, my brother is close to getting his cat done, I may just swap my old mans fountain:)

Ireally couldnt part with it, guess i was looking for sympathy...lol thanks fellas

Audiofn 04-06-2003 09:29 PM

You aint getting non from me!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D Seriously you will be pumped when that thing is done. Hang in there.

Jon