Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   how about this skater combination.. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47124-how-about-skater-combination.html)

timucin 04-06-2003 06:18 PM

how about this skater combination..

i had some things to do with my boat today.i was thinking about the major mistakes about her.my most serious problem is weight with this boat .too much weight and they are all at the back.
then i come up with a new idea...
how about a :
-28 skater
-1000+hp single engine in the middle .also planning to put the engine to the front a bit by using shaft.
-6 drive

how does this sound?
reasonable ? or no need?

Jolley 04-06-2003 07:20 PM

What happened in the sea trial ???????? Was it HORRIBLE or what? Tim, one engine would be lighter, but a whole bunch more rigging problems........ Talk to the Sorcerer guys, they had that Talon w/a six and like 2000hp.or so. Good luck and be safe. Seriously tell about the sea trial??????:eek: :D :fish: :fish:

timucin 04-06-2003 07:31 PM

hi Jolley;
i never test run,waiting for the weather to be ok. but completely finished the boat.
something very funny happened to me you know i was complaining about this project for a long time but it finished now and i am bored.i realized something about my-boating life.
building is much better then driving.i spent 3 years with this boat and i feel enough power to start a new one ;)

about Sorcerer team; amazing project......

dockrocker 04-06-2003 09:19 PM

Geez, timucin, you and Too Old should start a support group: "Guys who like to build boats but never use them" :D :D :D

Hope all is safe and well up in Turkey! Keep your head down!

glassdave 04-06-2003 09:28 PM

Originally posted by timucin
. . . .i am bored.i realized something about my-boating life.
building is much better then driving.i spent 3 years with this boat and i feel enough power to start a new one ;)

about Sorcerer team; amazing project......

heck . . .if thats all you want i will let you restore my scorpion if you want . . .

yea . . an what dockrocker said . . .keep yer head down . .

lucy 04-07-2003 06:34 AM

anticipation in reality is better then actual delivery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cya lucy.

SpectreBoy 04-07-2003 01:21 PM

Originally posted by lucy
anticipation in reality is better then actual delivery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like some of the women I've dated, :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BAJA WILL 04-07-2003 02:51 PM

Timucin,

Just a thought, you may want to look into using a turbine engine, less weight and more HP.

Will:rolleyes:

timucin 04-07-2003 03:29 PM

27 fountain ; i have started searching about turbines..

glassdave 04-07-2003 04:16 PM

there is a turbine foutain here in the states for sale.. do a search on OSO and you should be able to find it