Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   APBA St. Cloud (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47241-apba-st-cloud.html)

Zero Cavity 04-08-2003 08:30 AM

Xtreamracingf1:

Last I heard your boat set a kilo record of 86mph which makes your boat a P3 not a P4. But you are right about the wining boat going over 80mph.

Mag27 04-08-2003 08:42 AM

Ben,put on the gps and forget this formula stuff,sounds great to me.We tested with gps and knew we were legal but that D. slip facter on thier formula just about got us back in p4.MEL TEAM VIXEN P5 16

Zero Cavity 04-08-2003 09:50 AM

Mike it is good to have you back. How are you doing ?
I which we had you in control of the Outlaw Performance Class.

xtremeracingf1 04-08-2003 09:55 AM

Hi Doc,
You are correct we did set a kilo,but we knew we there going to run P-4 so we tried to be as fare as possible.We added 200lbs. in wieght and also added extra wieght by putting 50 gallons on fuel.We aslo ran a smaller prop that put me all over the rev. limiter.
Not a big deal I was just very suprise when they saw the speed they didnt knock him down.But I guess the rules say not average but if you can run over 80 you should get knock down.If you look at it I averaged 79.5mph so I guess i'm just as guilty,because for me to average 79.5 I guess I was running in the low to mid 80's.I really did push hard the last two laps to try and reel him in but there was no way,he had be be in the upper 80's...

Good seeing,

Frank

Offshore Addiction 04-08-2003 10:02 AM

that boat will not run in the upper 80's period!I ran next to him at gaspirrilla fest and he could not catch or walk me at all,plus he had a rookie driver!!!

Offshore Addiction 04-08-2003 10:14 AM

hey mike,you want to run over to daytona with us,were staying at my sisters house and it wont be a problem at all.

Warlock 27 04-08-2003 10:22 AM

Hey Mike..

It would be the best thing to happen since you left......the Outlaw Class would only get better with your guidance.....glad your moving ahead......hope to see ya at one of the races..Ron:) :cool:

xtremeracingf1 04-08-2003 11:06 AM

Well you tell me how you average 82mph without running in the mid to upper 80's

Offshore Addiction 04-08-2003 11:19 AM

becuase I was there when ted and dee were going over the new program they have for her and how it isnt working right,plus bill is an experienced racer and in a boat that size,you dont have to lift with that speed!

Offshore Addiction 04-08-2003 11:24 AM

and you guys have to understand,thats the st. cloud rotary club working most of that stuff and they are not most likely to piss anybody off,they want everybody back next year.....trust me,I was the only legal factory one boat there and dee wouldnt let me ***** about anything,(plus I think shes tougher than me)taht was primarily a test and tune race only......

hey ron,where was ya?????