Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   reputable engine shop in Virginia or N Carolina for Whipple/Pro Charger install... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47285-reputable-engine-shop-virginia-n-carolina-whipple-pro-charger-install.html)

Marginmn 01-12-2005 08:29 PM

Re: reputable engine shop in Virginia or N Carolina for Whipple/Pro Charger install...

I've never had any personal experience with installing a blower, but in doing research the one thing that techs in the know have told me is that the installer MUST pull the engines and put them on a DYNO.

If they don't ZERO in the blowers on a dyno then it's just a crap shot of trail and error before they get it right - if ever.

t500hps 01-12-2005 09:30 PM

Re: reputable engine shop in Virginia or N Carolina for Whipple/Pro Charger install...

Wayne at Nautical on Jeff Davis had Sonny build his motors.....I don't know what his opinion is, but you can ask him.
mlitefan....what water are you normally on? I'm in Richmond and don't remember seeing any 288 Sunsations on the river. I've had a bunch of cruisers, so you wouldn't have seen our current boat in my avatar (yet)
Russ C.

docmanrich37 01-12-2005 09:41 PM

[QUOTE=Aggressor 25]Sent a lengthy PM and found out your box is full :confused:

Anyway the builder we use in Richmond only does carburated motors and though he used to have a store front he now builds a dozen or so motors out of his garage.

I have been told that John Revis in Stafford, VA does Whipples and Procharges

I would give Johnny Revis a call.His company is DAD PRODUCTS.I will pm you with his # when i get into the marina thursday.

Cignificant 01-12-2005 10:12 PM

t500hps, mlitefan isn't on the river much - neither are a lot of us "locals" (Have trailer, will travel). I know he goes to Kerr Reservior a lot.

Sydwayz 01-13-2005 12:40 AM

Make SURE you are at the Winter Chill-Out Party January 29th, in Richmond VA. Click the link below in my signature, or send me an email at:

[email protected]

You will meet hundreds of folks from the area, and LOTS of networking. Quite a few engine gurus will be there.

Also, Offshore-Performance.com in Grasonville MD comes to the top of my list.

mwdill 01-13-2005 05:39 AM

sonny leonard, he is outside of lynchburg on 460

t500hps 01-13-2005 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Cignificant
t500hps, mlitefan isn't on the river much - neither are a lot of us "locals" (Have trailer, will travel). I know he goes to Kerr Reservior a lot.

Steve,
This is Russ ([email protected]), I've sent you a couple emails about Jammin on the James this summer (We are coming!). I recognized your avatar/ boat. Nice paint job....I wanted that boat when Harper had it for sale. I used to fish on that lake some, just didn't think of trailering down there. Ummm???? Where do the go-fast ususally hang at? I may have to come check it out this summer.
Russ C.