If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question reputable engine shop in Virginia or N Carolina for Whipple/Pro Charger install...

After getting burned by someone here on the board who came "highly recomended" for engine work, I am interested in finding someone close to home who installs Whipples or Pro Chargers for a marine environment. I am looking for a real shop, not a part time mechanic.

I want to be able to walk into a shop before I even THINK about doing anything...

Any help is appreciated!

My Boats:
    1997 Black Thunder SC
    Lake Norman NC
    Call Brian at Jones Marine. He is in Salisbury NC
    704 639 1298

My Boats:
    Don't even mention the word boat
    Tampa, Indian Shores Beach
    Central Boat Sales by Smith Mountain Lake has installed some Prochargers and I think are a dealer for them. One of the owners is Johnny Ford. I would give them a call, or I suggest Tyler Crockett in MI, hes far away but he knows exactly what he is doing.

Good luck

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB
    PM Aggressor 25. There is a guy in Richmond that has built half the HiPerf motors in VA.

bobby daniels
    Your p.m. box is full !!!!!!

Call Blown !500 in Charlotte 704-574-4020 or pm me for some info

PM box is now clean...Sorry about that! Thanks for the info folks...Not going the long distance route and I live in the Richmond area. Like I said, that long distance route get me screwed once and if I do anything, I want to be able to go knock on someone’s door.

Thanks again...

My Boats:
    Sunsation Dominator
    Potomac River/ Smith Mtn. Lake
    Sent a lengthy PM and found out your box is full

Anyway the builder we use in Richmond only does carburated motors and though he used to have a store front he now builds a dozen or so motors out of his garage.

I have been told that John Revis in Stafford, VA does Whipples and Procharges, has a shop that is spotless and it should not be more than an hour from you. A good friend of mine and neighbor has a 2003 single engine Dominator with a 500 efi that he is going to have Revis do for him soon.

I would also highly recommend Sonny Leonard in Lynchburg, VA. He did 2 quad rotor whipples on 572s for a 38 Cigarette in this area. He is a well reknowned builder for marine and street.

Charter Member Charter Member Cignificant's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1998 26' Boston Whaler
    Richmond, VA
    pm Mate229, he has a procharger on his Fountain. Maybe he can help you out. I've also heard good things about Sonny.
    Steve Gresham
    Hauling butt in my 26' Boston Whaler

My Boats:
    2005 Baja 242 Islander
    fairfax, va

Re: reputable engine shop in Virginia or N Carolina for Whipple/Pro Charger install...

Anybody have any contact info (phone numbers) for any of these guys. I need to do a cam install on my 496 MAG and my boats in Fredericksburg, VA.

My Boats:
    10 foot Kayak
    Long Island,New York

Re: reputable engine shop in Virginia or N Carolina for Whipple/Pro Charger install...

Joey Griffin near Fountainland could do that installation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast