Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any of you West Michigan guys splashin' your boat this weekend? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47552-any-you-west-michigan-guys-splashin-your-boat-weekend.html)

KAAMA 04-11-2003 07:56 PM

Any of you West Michigan guys splashin' your boat this weekend?

It's supposed to be pretty nice weather wise. I was kind of curious as to who might be doing a Spring test run. I can't---but I will be pulling some maintenance on my engines/drives and getting it ready for another test run as the nicer days head our way.

Rampage Steve, 32Fever or any of you other dudes going out this weekend???

Rambunctious 04-11-2003 08:34 PM

I hope to wash mine, fire it up in the drive, put the thermostats back in, and put it back in the polebarn. at least it will get a little wet....... 2 more weeks for me probably..

Steve A.K.A RAMPAGE 04-12-2003 06:04 AM

No boating this weekend,only maintenance work.Had planned on doing everything last weekend,till the weather took a dump.Changing filters,enginge and drive oil,new plugs and wires,plus I have the bolster seat bases and grab rails sent out to be powder coated.Then repacktrailer bearings and put in new seals.Then fire it up ,and do the wash and wax thing......You going to try the fun run up North????If so,maybe we can trailer up togeather....
Steve

dyno 04-12-2003 07:25 AM

Kaama Dave brought his rigg home last night I think he's going out tomarrow, I'll be ready by next weekend for sure maybe tomarrow!
Don

Red Stripe 04-12-2003 07:41 AM

I still have to get mine out of storage and start the little projects I have to do on it. At least a couple weeks before I splash.

dlbCheckmate 04-12-2003 11:32 AM

Same Boat here. need to get it out of storage and do some minor projects. Its kind of hard to do while sitting here at work. But at least there's OSO !

dyno 04-12-2003 07:30 PM

I'm ready! ran the thing in the drive today and even have the hatch on !!!(Kaama) sea trial next week.

KAAMA 04-12-2003 10:34 PM

Steve Rampage, Yes I plan on attending the fun run up north in July----I have ALWAYS wanted to do some boating in some of that beautiful water up there with all that great scenery! I'm sure we can get a little caravan/convoy going up there. We'll talk about it more as the date approaches. The weekend after the Northern run is the St. Joseph Venetian Fest of which I plan on attending as well.

Today, Mr. Gadgets helped me pull my XR drives and we found out that my pinion gears are part of the "soft batch"----a bad run of gears by Merc. Mine weren't too bad yet, but they were certainly heading in that direction so it looks like I'll have to reach in my pocket again for some new pinion gears if Merc doesn't stand behind their junk----I've only got 50 hours on these drives! I'm also installing new/better designed spanner nut/U-joint seals and adding some finned billet top caps by Bobby Daniels. Anyway, I probably won't be out for about 2 weeks or so yet until my drives a ready---plus I'm in the middle of buying a house (hopefully). I'm just glad my boat is going to be ready for the BEGINING of the season vs the middle or END of the season! :)

dyno 04-13-2003 04:12 PM

see you in November Mark!

KAAMA 04-13-2003 06:49 PM

Originally posted by dyno
see you in November Mark!
Dyno/Don, I guess you are going to have to explain yourself on that because I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly. :confused: :confused: :confused: